Sprocket size?

:blush: hey i been looking at forum about people putting diffrent sprocket and now im wondering what size of sprockets should i get?

im 180 lb

i have CPI drag pipes outframe

adjustable timing plate

K&N filter

jetted

and i have 22in. 10 paddle haulers

and i only ride in the sand and i want something so i could race and have a good take off and still have top speed though?

:blush: hey i been looking at forum about people putting diffrent sprocket and now im wondering what size of sprockets should i get?

im 180 lb

i have CPI drag pipes outframe

adjustable timing plate

K&N filter

jetted

and i have 22in. 10 paddle haulers

and i only ride in the sand and i want something so i could race and have a good take off and still have top speed though?

not enough info

i guess he wanna know if you have any port work on your engine...also if you have a longer swingarm than stock...

No its ot a 4mil no port job ad no swingarm

but im planning on getting it ported this summer and gettin a +6 swingarm

what kinda porting is good and not so expensive?

No its ot a 4mil no port job ad no swingarm

but im planning on getting it ported this summer and gettin a +6 swingarm

what kinda porting is good and not so expensive?

Currently, you are way over paddling your bike. Even when you get it ported, that's a ton of tire for what your bike will be.

After porting, assuming you launch in 2nd, I'd guess somewhere around 14-44 for the gearing would give you good results.

You might wanna keep a look out for some 21" haulers on an 8" rim, 9 or 10 paddle, and 14-42 gearing. You'd probably like that alot more.

Currently, you are way over paddling your bike. Even when you get it ported, that's a ton of tire for what your bike will be.

After porting, assuming you launch in 2nd, I'd guess somewhere around 14-44 for the gearing would give you good results.

You might wanna keep a look out for some 21" haulers on an 8" rim, 9 or 10 paddle, and 14-42 gearing. You'd probably like that alot more.

so 14-44 for gearing is a good way to go right?

but what about if i go with 12-44 what diffrence will that make on it with 21" haulers?

im running stock ones and the take off feels slow and the top needs more speed to

Well if your running stock and it feels slow off the start,gearing up to make top speed faster will only make it worse.try to borrow a twenty inch tire from a buddy and see how that feels before you spend cash on sprokets. :biggrin:

Well if your running stock and it feels slow off the start,gearing up to make top speed faster will only make it worse.try to borrow a twenty inch tire from a buddy and see how that feels before you spend cash on sprokets. :biggrin:

so i should get smaller size tires?

but is there any sprocket ratio that can give me a better take off but same or almost the same top speed?

so 14-44 for gearing is a good way to go right?

but what about if i go with 12-44 what diffrence will that make on it with 21" haulers?

First, I don't think you understand gearing. If you go down in size on the tire, you need to increasing your gearing to keep the overall ratio the same. So, going to a smaller diameter tire, then dropping 2 teeth off the front will drastically lower your overall drive ratio.

Second, I've heard you don't wanna run a sprocket smaller than 14teeth from a few builders, because it puts more strain on the chairn having to bend around that diameter. Dunno if that's true or not, but I've always kinda took it.

As for porting, a dune port will really make a huge difference in your power.

Top speed on the sand is almost pointless as well. If you find a patch of sand long and flat enough for 6th gear wide open runs, more often than not, you'll see some guy waiting patiently for his buddy to run back to camp for the tow strap cause he just melted his top end.

First, I don't think you understand gearing. If you go down in size on the tire, you need to increasing your gearing to keep the overall ratio the same. So, going to a smaller diameter tire, then dropping 2 teeth off the front will drastically lower your overall drive ratio.

Second, I've heard you don't wanna run a sprocket smaller than 14teeth from a few builders, because it puts more strain on the chairn having to bend around that diameter. Dunno if that's true or not, but I've always kinda took it.

As for porting, a dune port will really make a huge difference in your power.

Top speed on the sand is almost pointless as well. If you find a patch of sand long and flat enough for 6th gear wide open runs, more often than not, you'll see some guy waiting patiently for his buddy to run back to camp for the tow strap cause he just melted his top end.

thaks for the info :biggrin:

and do you know how much a dune port usually cost?