POWERBAND

wow you guys are full of smart ass comments. when you guys r done and can answer my question with a decent answer please do so. all i want to know is what makes the damn thing activate

evidentally you can not read.

read my post (above) again.

it says:

the powerband is the range of operating speeds under which an engine is able to operate efficiently....:geek:

the internal combustion of gasoline makes it activate....

the individual makeup of any one engine will determine the rpm range in which makes up the "powerband"

evidentally you can not read.

read my post (above) again.

it says:

the powerband is the range of operating speeds under which an engine is able to operate efficiently....:geek:

the internal combustion of gasoline makes it activate....

the individual makeup of any one engine will determine the rpm range in which makes up the "powerband"

thats to technical for my small brain

A powerband is a really large rubberband and the more you pull back on it, :biggrin: the more power it delivers.

Damn dude if you havent figured it out by now IDK what to tell you ass.

Look its made from real ball skin, and more importantly whats inside they are hard to get you have to be in the know. Mabey your better off on a 400ex

?????ehhhhhhhhhhh

I will actually try to be helpful...

The answers are correct here regarding the efficient range that the engine operates in.

The reason that it is discussed here so much (and with 2 strokes in general) is that a 2 stroke has a lot of rpm range with inefficient operation. There is a user here with a cool profile picture that shows a a 2 stroke operating in an efficient RPM range. It shows the the cylinder being over filled with air/fuel mixture to the point it flows well into the exhaust. Then after the intake port has been covered by the rising piston, but before the top of the exhaust port has been blocked by the piston, a returning pressure wave due to the constriction of the exhaust pipe near the end pushes the air/fuel laden exhaust back into the cylinder before the piston has risen high enough to seal off the exhaust port.

The effect is that you get a lot more fuel/air into the cylinder then the displacement of the engine. (which equals more power)

The problem is that the returning pressure wave is time dependent (different length and shape pipes change the time it takes the pressure wave to return). So if the engine is turning too slow or too fast, the extra fuel/air does not effectively get stuffed into the cylinder. (some people call this effect of the 2 stroke power band "being on the pipe")

It is an important part of the power band of a 2 stroke and part of why it is so much more prominent and sometimes sudden.