reed spacers?

i'm not too sure about what area the spacer helps but I heard that they help w/ getting more fuel. when i bought mine it had one on it and i'm keeping mine on. but hell what do i know i'm new at all this too, lol.

they had extremely minimal gains on the dyno when installed on the carb side, and i've heard about 50/50 with problems on the top end when installed on the jug side. i've yet to hear anyone swear they made power anywhere. just what i hear on here; never ran them

Everytime you hear this question asked you never get a straight answer. So about a week ago me and my friend decided to try this theory out. We decided in order to be able to tell the difference we would have to make a huge spacer and then run no spacer. We agreed that a 1" thick spacer should do the trick. Then we had to decide what we would test it on. I convinced him that we should use his 1985 Yamaha 330cc tri-z because since it has only one cylinder that it would be easier to notice the difference between the two spacers. So I machined the spacer for his tri-z and we bolted it on. We ran it with the spacer and then took it off and ran it with no spacer. After a few pulls each way it was very evident that with the spacer it had ALOT more bottom end but it wouldn't rev out the same way it did without the spacer.