Jetting

5200 feet above sea level is nothing to ignore. I'm only at 3600 feet and I had to change the needle on my motocross bike with a fatter one. Man, what a difference! It runs real crisp now!

You can ignore me if you want, no sweat off my back. I was just trying to help.

ok, not to add confusion, but what is the elevation where you buy the fuel? it's true that you need to jet down as you go up in elevation, but about every 2000-3000 ft the fuel at the station changes, requiring you to go up about 2 sizes more than the level below. what this means, is that if you are running sea level fuel at 5200ft, then you'll probably end up down about 280-290, like stated, but if you're buying at 2000ft, then goback up 2, and if you're getting it at 4-5000 ft, then go up even more. this is assuming that you were jetted for near sea level already

that oil might be washing the color off on the plug chop. all you'll see is a ghost ring, so you'll have to go off feel/sound to jet it right.

i'm kind of thinkin outside the bun on this one, but throw a sock over each pod, and see if it runs a little better on the mains

not to hijack the post, I just dont want to start ANOTHER jet thread but...

I am running amsoil dominator and I get the proverbial "ghost ring" and thought I was a lean, so I put in 340, but the 320 felt great, I was just thinking I was a bit lean and didnt want to chance it.

guess I will plop my 320 back in.

not to hijack the post, I just dont want to start ANOTHER jet thread but...

I am running amsoil dominator and I get the proverbial "ghost ring" and thought I was a lean, so I put in 340, but the 320 felt great, I was just thinking I was a bit lean and didnt want to chance it.

guess I will plop my 320 back in.

just do a chp when you get the jets in, and check the insulator with a magnifying glas for metal specs, to be on the safe side