another shee

so i bought a another banshee... why idk

i really hate riding my baby on shitty ass shanny trials around here so i decided to purchase something that i could ride without worrying.

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

well i guess i got what i wished for.....

the kid was a complete idiot, im surprised they allow people of his intelligence to operated a banshee.

he claims the tranny has a rz350 swap " that rz350 tranny makes it shift funny"

so i was already skeptical. then i start going over the bike and noticed damage to the frame. he claims it needed back brakes, in reality i had to pry the frame mounts for to foot brake back so you could push it the lever. he goes on and on about stupid bullshit and till i told him its not worth it. i already drove 5 hours to look at the bike so i made him a offer. in the end i took the bike becuase it did have cool heads, trinity intake, dyno port exhaust, and works shocks. i figured i could always make my money back just by cleaning up some parts and selling them. i could go on and on about this bike but my feeling will always be the same about it. it was rode hard and put away wet. im not to happy with my purchase but its really whatever because now i own two :biggrin:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like it has a wider rear axle or maybe just cause of the skinney looking tires but either way its not that bad of a bike has alot of potential

Well its yours now, so I say strip her down to the bones and start a complete refurbish of at least paint and rust scrubbing, cleaning and then really inspecting while its apart of all things good you do have.

Then reassemble with clean repainted parts and new chain, and brake pads. It looked like one rear hub had a stress fracture in one photo.

Get a good stock kicker and reassemble it with some love and tune her and ride her till the winter when you can do a real refurb.

Have fun, dont worry its got potential if you care enough to work on her a bit. :biggrin:

if want my opinion, i say u better take the enine apart, do the top end,and clutch. maybe the bottom end, and also do what bearings it needs. other wise leave t the way it is. who cares if it looks bad, ur gonna ride it in the trails so no matter what u do to make it look good, it will get scrached from the bushes and everything :confused: