clutch cover breather?

Ok guys when I pulled my clutch cover off I noticed a breather nipple by the water pump that someone had stuck a piece of fuel line on and stuffed a bolt into. What exactly is that breather for? And should I hook it up to something? Thanks. :confused:

Ok guys when I pulled my clutch cover off I noticed a breather nipple by the water pump that someone had stuck a piece of fuel line on and stuffed a bolt into. What exactly is that breather for? And should I hook it up to something? Thanks. :confused:

All of those breathers allow the air in the case to leave, or return. When the engine warms up, it builds pressure in the case. If you have it all blocked off, it will just force oil threw seals and stuff. Hook it up, the last guy was not thinking.

yah, you need both, or it will start spitting oil out of the back one when you wheelie/ hillclimb

Have you ever tried to remove the front breather of your case cover or have you encourted some oil splitting problem with that mod ?

The RZ350 street bike engine have only a breather in the back of the tranny and I never heard any problem about that, on the RZ the front hole is use for the oil pump shaft. The case cove is basictly the same for the banshee and the RZ, for my point of view Yamaha have just add the front breather to block the hole and to not modify the old casting.

I ask the question because I'm now rebuilding at RZ350 engine with the power valve for my shee and I was interested to weld the front breather hole and removing the front tubing.

thanks

Edited by Thewhite