only running on one cylinder

well as the title says only one cylinder works and while that cylinder works well the other side, the left, does not. the left pipe gets kinda warm and will backfire when the engine starts revving. both plugs work and i just replaced the stator and flywheel. im thinkin maybe its an intake problem because the left plug is pretty dry... any other thought or suggestions would be awesome thanks

swap the plug wires left to right and see if the problem switches sides, if not swap plugs and see if it switches.

if neither of those work you need to swap carbs. if your running aftermarket cabs then just switch them, if your still running stock then swap them and find a longer piece of hose to connect the ports where your crossover tube installs.

you said that you replaced the stator, with what? i've had three bikes in the shop in the last year that would idle fine but would drop a cylinder once they got past half throttle, the problem turned out to be junk ricky stators...

well i was riding and my shee just bogged out and stopped running and i couldnt get it started so we took er apart and we found it was nt getting a spark so we took the stator cover off and prolly a liter of water came out of there and i took a look at the stator and it was too far gone to try to repair so i installed a new ricky stator and flywheel and and now it sparks and all but the left side doesnt run properly, it back fires when it revs up and barely any exhaust comes out of the left but the right is normal. i removed the spark plug and noticed it was still very dry while the right side was damo as normal so ive basicly come to the conlusion, with the help of a few other minds thats the problem is somwhere in the intake. we checked the compression on either cylinder and they both check out at around 110 psi +/- 2 pounds variation.

The flywheel gap needs to be adjusted..Put a buisness card in it and tighten down between the flywheel and pickup..Make sure the pick up has no rust on it also..If it does simply sand the surface,Make sure the card runs smoothly through with only a little resistance and try to run it..

when you set the pickup, check both nodes on the flywheel. rs is notorious for being out of round/timing on the flywheels, and bad connections in the stator itself. have you checked your reeds? hold your hand over the left carb and kick it over. your hand should get sprayed with fuel, but not pumped off

thanks everybody for the input, its was a combonation of carbourator and a bad reed gasket. i took her out when i was sure it was fixed and she performed better than ever, after i rebiult it it feels faster and i thought it was gonna rip my arms off lol