How to repair a stripped tranny-fluid-screw thread

So I was changing tranny oil in my shee, and I replaced the stock screw(on the bottom of the cases, when changing oil I remove it and the oil flows through the hole, I put it back in and fill with new oil), I replaced it with some super duper screw from ebay with magnetic end. The fuckers said it was for banshee, but I screwed it in and realized that it has a little bit different thread, so I removed it and now the thread in the hole in the cases is fucked, and the stock screw is impossible to tighten - I hope you know what I mean.

How to fix this? Helicoil? If so, which size or type?

Thanks

I wouldn't use a helicoil, just because the threads will stick up past the inside of the case, and all of the oil won't drain out. Personally, I would just go to the auto part store, and get a drain plug that's a little bigger than the hole, and tap the case to fit it. I believe it was snop that used one of those magnetic plugs, and the magnet came loose, and trashed some shit. Keep an eye on it, if you use one.

Just do it slow, and vacuum the hole out when you're done. Then leave the plug out, and run some tranny fluid through it to flush any metal out. If any gets in there, it's soft aluminum. I can't see it hurting those hardened steel gears. I think if you vacuum it and flush it, you'll be good to go.

Anyone got any other thoughts on that?

Just do it slow, and vacuum the hole out when you're done. Then leave the plug out, and run some tranny fluid through it to flush any metal out. If any gets in there, it's soft aluminum. I can't see it hurting those hardened steel gears. I think if you vacuum it and flush it, you'll be good to go.

Anyone got any other thoughts on that?

IDK what he uses for tranny fluid... might be expensive shit or cheap type F but i would flush with it with some diesel, put the new plug in with fill it with 1/2 gal of diesel and toss your bike around :laugh: to slosh it and then drain...

i dont see any problem in throwing a heicoil in. i did this to my blaster. how would the coil go into the tranny and not be able to drain? you can snip the coil to size than throw it in. your going to need to tap it no matter what you do. So i would tap next size up and put in a helicoil so it doesnt happen again

Auto parts stores have drain plugs that are oversized and self tapping. Not saying anthing bad but you would not believe the people that change there own oil and strip the plug out. They come in many oversizes I have fix several i have actually have peolpe take the pan off and bring it to me wanting it welded and drill and tapped.