Cool head

ok, so i get everything about the cool head except the domes. What do they do?? why does it say 22cc domes, 18cc etc. What do those domes do?? What if your cylinder is stock and you put 22cc domes, do they add horse power or what?? I dont get it, someone help me out. And one last question, What do i have to have on my banshee in order to have a cool head??

:ermm: :shrug:

ok, so i get everything about the cool head except the domes. What do they do?? why does it say 22cc domes, 18cc etc. What do those domes do?? What if your cylinder is stock and you put 22cc domes, do they add horse power or what?? I dont get it, someone help me out. And one last question, What do i have to have on my banshee in order to have a cool head??

:ermm: :shrug:

They are to change your compression. All you have to have done to your banshee is to have the old head off.

Edited by Woolfman

Yes it does matter what size domes you go with if you go to small of cc you will need to run race fuel. Depending on your elevation you may be able to get away with 20cc domes that is what I have but I am at 4,000 to 5,000 feet. If you are at a lower elevation you may need to go bigger if you want to run pump gas.

I run Pro Design I like it but you would need to get longer studs and Noss makes a good head and I think with it you can use stock studs. There are other good ones out there too don't really remember hearing anyone complaining about a crappy coolhead so don't know what ones to stay away from.

Edited by Woolfman

You can give me a call and I'll talk to you about dome selection.

-David

I found a cool head like the one in your picture. Here is the link to it>>>>>>http://cgi.ebay.ca/Yamaha-Banshee-Noss-Head-Cool-Head-Manufacturer-Direct_W0QQitemZ160336486264QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item160336486264&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

Let me know if its good and if i should buy it

o live in the northern corner of new york and i can get away with 18cc domes and run pump fuel... my motor builder has a 4 mill with 230 lbs compression that also runs pump, and demolishes every class its in at that lol... i would say most of the time anything over 200 lbs you would have to run race fuel

it all depends on the compression ratio and timing, and stock, the banshee timing ranges up to 17*btdc. as a rule of thumb, with near stock port timings, and up to +4, 150-160 psi, is a safe reading, but not definate. that's why you look for detonation durring a plug chop, though i doubt even half check :shoothead: