Are You Kidding Me?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just put my adjustable timing plate on exactly how the sticky says, set it at +4 and the Shee wont start. I doesnt even want to try and run. I need some suggestions PLEASE!

Did you reset your pick up coil gap? That sound like what it is, gets people all the time. Takes 2 minutes to set and you don't need to pull the flywheel of ether.

If you dont have a feeler gauge, just get a pack of matches or business card and line up one of the magnets on the outside of the flywheel with the pick up coil ( loosen the 2 screws on the pick up coil) and stick part of the paper between the 2 and close the gap and tighten it down again.

If you have a feeler gauge set the pickup coil gap at: 0.015"-0.020" But a pack of matches is good enough and right in the middle of that.

I just pulled my left plug and there is spark, so that's not the issue. So that GAP should be no thicker than a business card? that would make it not even start, but have spark??

Thanks for all the input so far guys, i hope you all can help me get the shee started!

Well lets start here, how did you pull your flywheel off?

Are you 100% confident you put every wire back on the stator that you took off and in the right place?

Does the right side have spark too?

How much spark did it have and what color? Could be just a weak spark from your pickup coil being not set properly and that's why its not starting.

Go make sure the pick up coil is set right and all the wires on the stator are in the right place.

Im preety confident that your pick up coil is not set to the PROPER gap :beer:

Im not saying this IS your problem but I had the EXACT same issue back when i put mine on, no spark whatsoever and couldnt get it to crank for shit. If you gap is set correctly ill almost put a 100 dolla bill on it that its your stator. Just moving it can make it go bad.....All i did was move it out the way to install the timing plate and bolted it back up and nothing..... ran fine before...... check it!

EDIT - sorry just re-read and noticed you said you do have spark..... my bad but the above was my experience!

Edited by Ieat4strokes

im pulling my shift lever and everything back off now.....looks like i could probably fit 4-5 business cards in there. I'll adjust the gap real fast and give her hell!!!!! Cross ur fingers!?!?!?!?!

LMAO, if you can stick 5 cards in there that's your problem bro no if and's or buts. Get it done. But before you Huck the stator cover and shifter and all that shit on, fire it up first.

But make sure you check the gap with one of the two flywheel magnets on the outside of the fly wheel.

Line up one of the magnets with the pick up coil and check it there and adjust accordingly.

Could it have something to do with me adjusting my carbs?? I moved my needle clip up two notches to lean it out. Havent tried staring it untill now.

Oh NOW you tell us the whole story :rolleyes:

Proly, but why did you lean it out some much in the first place. Set it back were it was and try.

Put your x-over tube back in?

Carbs synced properly?

Adjusters on the top moved any?

ok...i bought a 06 shee, cpi inframes and k&n's with no airbox.....it was running good on the top end but was bogging on the low end. i posted some stuff about that on here and everyone seemed to think i needed to lean my needles up. so i moved my needles up two positions.

In the process of doing all that i put sprockets on, and did a adjustable timing plate at +4. I have spark, and my gap is set right. So im thinking its the carbs...but wouldnt it run atleast a little???? it wont even turn over! WTF