best +2 +1 a arms

i spoke to the guy at wicked, he told me about the heim upper and ball joint lower. i was asking about maintenance on the heims, and he said that they should not be lubed with grease or wd40, the only thing you should use on them would be something dry, like a graphite lock lube, and it isnt even really needed.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guy on the top a arms of the wickeds that is a heim joint

True, but in my experience, it is the heims at the spindle that wear the fastest. I dont have a problem with the heims at the pivot point. It is nice ot have them there as that is what gives you your caster adjusment ability

I have burgard on my Banshee and love them...I have jumped the dog shit out of it and work just great...I got them off Ebay new for about 200 shipped... new they are around 450. and lifetime. I have alba rec on my raptor and they have held up great... roled flipped...ect and they are going strong...I got them for the dunes. if your going to be doing alot of jumping looking into reinforced arms. Hemi joints are ok but they get dusty and durty and then start sweeking. then you can be heard from down the road...My brother had fullflights on his raptor before he sold it and they worked great just not the hemis....but i want happy with how they made their fullflight arms...looked like someone just did some quick welding and out the door to coating... but all in all try to stay with 4130 cromolly and they will out live your bike!!!

i spoke to the guy at wicked, he told me about the heim upper and ball joint lower. i was asking about maintenance on the heims, and he said that they should not be lubed with grease or wd40, the only thing you should use on them would be something dry, like a graphite lock lube, and it isnt even really needed.

well thats good 2 know

yea i cant wait for them to get shipped out now. sucks i cant put them on for a while, i dont want the downtime while works re does my shocks, ill have to wait till after the season is over i guess. maybe i will do them on 1 bike, and then once i get those shocks back, ill do the next bike, this way i get to ride on the arms this year.

The heims are fine as long as they are washed or cleaned after a weekends ride. Most a-arm companys tell you to wd40 the heim after washing. Have had mine for three years, desert and dunes, no slop, still going strong and i use wd40. I have the heavy heims though.

As far as a-arm strength, watch for the e-bay company's selling cheaply, there is a reason for it. You don't need to by laeger, to get the best. Most companys, laegar, fireball/janseen, lonestar, ect. a-arms are chrome moly steel and if you are doing 50 foot jumps, your frame will give long before the arms. Thats why most offer lifetime warranty because everything else will rip and break around the arms before the a-arms do.

see i was told by wicked not to use wd40, since the heims have some teflon stuff inside of them. he said wd40 and anything else wet is bad to use, and its better to use dry graphite lube, like what you would use for a lock cylinder. i always power wash my bikes after riding, so that should get all the mud and crap out of them.

• 2 weeks later...