Chain Adjusters

I just switched my front sprocket to a 15 and my rear to a 40. I ordered a 104 link chain and when I put it on to get all the slack out my adjusters are almost all the way screwed in...maybe 4 threads left..but if I remove 1 link it is too short. So can you buy extra long adjusting bolts so if I need to adjust it later from stretch.

I just switched my front sprocket to a 15 and my rear to a 40. I ordered a 104 link chain and when I put it on to get all the slack out my adjusters are almost all the way screwed in...maybe 4 threads left..but if I remove 1 link it is too short. So can you buy extra long adjusting bolts so if I need to adjust it later from stretch.

you could try that ! also you can run your chain alittle looser if you run a chain tensioner like sandtoyz unlimited and rdz sells they work good!

you could try that ! also you can run your chain alittle looser if you run a chain tensioner like sandtoyz unlimited and rdz sells they work good!

I purchased a bolt kit from alloy bolts and their kit had the same problem. The adjuster bolts were to short. Well it wasn't that they were to short. They had a shoulder on them witch is not possible for full adjustment. So i replaced mine with some longer ones. Even if you buy them too long, you can always cut them down. If so, be sure to grind a good lead pitch on the threads so you don't strip out the adjuster