Amsoil Dominator pre-mix

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Dominator is Methanol friendly? I have a bunch of it from running before with race fuel, but am running Methanol now, and wanting to make sure its compatible.

Nope. Redline, Klotz Super Techniplate or Benoil and Maxima 927 are the castor based methanol compatible.

MAKE SURE your purge oil is methanol compatible as well.

Nope. Redline, Klotz Super Techniplate or Benoil and Maxima 927 are the castor based methanol compatible.

MAKE SURE your purge oil is methanol compatible as well.

Oh SWEET!! So, that makes about 8 quarts of Dominator useless.... anyone want to buy some Dominator oil? Its great for race fuel :biggrin:

Thanks for clearing that up though, that isn't a lesson I want to learn the hard way.

• 4 weeks later...

I run Amsoil SABOR it is 100:1 but i run it 80:1 as do all my friends here with 2-strokes and when you pull one apart and see no damage what so ever then you will see that oil type totally makes all the difference in the world.

Oh SWEET!! So, that makes about 8 quarts of Dominator useless.... anyone want to buy some Dominator oil? Its great for race fuel :biggrin:

Thanks for clearing that up though, that isn't a lesson I want to learn the hard way.

How much for the amsoil?

pm me a price

• 4 years later...

ive torn alot of 2 strokes down and seen too much greenish unburnt sludge inside engines cases and transfers from guys running amsoil to consider it a good option .I guess it might be good oil products for trucks but i think the flash point is too high and the stuff wont burn off at lower rpms ,and it seems if a guy runs his jetting richer ,its even worse.Ill stic k to klotz technaplate where i can be assured of the castor protection at high rpm and clean burn of a synthetic.this has been my experiance yours may differ

I second Flotek, I am an amsoil dealer and run it in everything from road race cars to my truck, but in 2 strokes I have seen it build up the green goo, never a failure but it is interesting.

I run interceptor In my Sea-Doo SPX 800 and in the Ski-Doo Mach z because of the R.A.V.E valves. But when I got the 'Shee I bought the Dominator at 32-1.

I was always told "green sludge" was from the ethanol in the fuel.

That's weird. I haven't ever seen any green sludge in bottles of ethanol in a liqueur store.

I run interceptor In my Sea-Doo SPX 800 and in the Ski-Doo Mach z because of the R.A.V.E valves. But when I got the 'Shee I bought the Dominator at 32-1.

I was always told "green sludge" was from the ethanol in the fuel.

That's weird. I haven't ever seen any green sludge in bottles of ethanol in a liqueur store.

Probably not in the bottle long enough to collect.

I hear the sludge thing more so with grey tempo fuel lines. The ethanol does not mix with some fuel line.