Axle bearings

I just replaced my axle bearings/seals and so did my friend with another banshee. He got the all balls bearing and seal kit and i got new factory bearings and seals. I noticed that the all balls seals had little metal springs around the inside of the seals. and the factory seals did not. im guessing these are to make a tighter seal around the axle, will i be ok without those springs?

i don't see why not, i buy all my bearing local and match the part numbers and sizes. Some come with that little spring, some don't. As far as the all balls bearings, I won't run them in my shee, i have gone through so many of them, they don't seem to last on my trail bike. I went through front wheel bearings twice in 4 months and carrier bearings in 2 weeks, before i started buying at my local bearing shop. Never replaced them again.

that's just my opinion, and the carrier problem i had, was a little user related, ..(too much beer during install and went for a drive with a loose axle nut)