Anyone here build thier own track?

Fireroad Express

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the pics. got some good ideas from them. as you can see i,ve got my work cut out for me. the track is being built on the land in the second picture behind the first treeline.may have bit off a little more than i can handle.landscapinginbrookfield007.jpglandscapinginbrookfield012.jpg

damn, it would take me awhile to build one with a trackhoe. maybe you can rough it all out then rent a dozer for a day. Will make a world of difference. At least an articulating loader. Then you can move more material around fast and drag bucket a flat surface on the jumps and whole track. It will take out trees and if you have spare time it will run cars over too :evil: Not to mention you want a hard hill. when you build it up in layers, you can run it over with the machine to compact it all to last a longer time as you go. If you can use those trees for structure under/in your hills to prevent weathering away. Not ideal though if your going to change it often though. as you go, ride it, and make sure its what you want.

a dozer would be ideal if the terrain was alot dryer.there are some real swampy areas where the track is going! i know i'd get a dozer mired back there.the track hoe has low ground pressure tracks on it which are alot wider than standard and provide good floatation in soft ground. and as much as i hate to admit,i'm not a real good dozer operator. if you have to backdrag in a dozer to get a flat surface, your just wasting time and money. i'll provide a trackhoe -vs- tree vid tomorrow ! :evil:

• 11 months later...

i couldnt help it and i looked threw your photobucket album and i seen a jetski. is it the 99 seadoo gsx limited. those are the second fastest skii's the first is the 99 xp limited.

are you kidding?

fastest? you must be high?

wouldnt the 2010 gtx be the fastest with a 260hp engine?

I own a piece of shit Polaris Octane 800 (standup) and NOBODY can catch me coming out of the hole. NOBODY. My top speed is only 80 mph but it hurts too much to hit the water at that speed anyway.

Good luck with the track. Time and perseverance will triumph in the end.It took me years to build a trail / obstacle course behind my house for 4x4's but it was worth it in the end.

Use a bulldozer

x2 on that.

my friend scott works for the local plant hire company. him and i built a track on my farm a few years ago with a 16t volvo. took us 3 full days to built it in a 6acre field. put in drop offs, step ups, whoops, doubles, triples, ect... had to move alot of soil with tractor & trailer to build the jumps.

3 weeks ago he gave me a call saying he was at a local farm building a new track with the dozer. the feild is 4 times the size of mine, although they only used half... the track is 1 mile long start to finish, took him 16 hours to build.

get a dozer... will save you so much time and effort.

as AKheathen said, try not to cram too much in, we did it on my track, was more like an sx track as apposed to an mx track, no time to rest.

ill try dig up some pics of my tack and the new one that was build a few weeks ago.