Anyone here build thier own track?

Fireroad Express

i'm taking the excavator home next weekend(komatsu 220). got some major landscaping to do. i also have five acres behind the house i'm not using right now and i'm thinking about making a track. anyone here ever build one? i'm looking for some design suggestions or pointers.the land is quite flat so it's going to be fairly basic, but i'd like to build a few whoops/jumps and maybe a table top. where can i view other track designs? any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I built a track at my parent's farm with a tractor. One thing you want to remember is to make the track higher than the ground around it. You dont want water to stand anywhere.

I think its better to build the track a few inches into the ground and instead of making burms dig out around the turns so you have less track maintenance. I road at a friends house who had the entire track a few inches into the ground and I liked it. It was a little muddy at first though

umm never with any bull dozers or escavaters. i just bought dirt and had them dump it in a spot and smothened it into a jump. but for turns i just whipped around them and it slowwly built up banks. but wet it often when you ride it dirt gets flying every were and it gets pritty nasty expesually in tight tracks.

umm never with any bull dozers or escavaters. i just bought dirt and had them dump it in a spot and smothened it into a jump. but for turns i just whipped around them and it slowwly built up banks. but wet it often when you ride it dirt gets flying every were and it gets pritty nasty expesually in tight tracks.

Are you serious? Using a bulldozer to push up and shape jumps and whoops is the easiest way to do it or using a backhoe.

I've built a couple of practice tracks and that's how we did it and it was awesome. Why buy dirt when you can just move what you have around.

i'm just looking for a few design ideas. i'm fairly sure i can build it. i'll probably raise the track above the original grade to about 6"to 8" and slope it a bit so most of the water runs off it. yamahaman is right though, if you can generate fill onsite, the job will be done alot quiker and cheaper.

Are you serious? Using a bulldozer to push up and shape jumps and whoops is the easiest way to do it or using a backhoe.

I've built a couple of practice tracks and that's how we did it and it was awesome. Why buy dirt when you can just move what you have around.

not really thow it caust allot more for the excavator than i payed for the dirt. i got it for like 35 bucks for 15truck beds full. and it pritty easy to make a jump out of a pile of dirt