How to beat 700r?

So what kind of port should i get? Trail port? Just a smoothie? Dont really want to buy another set of jugs. I just had the ones I have powder coated and they are a fresh bore.

When you talk to the builder you decide to go with, you both can decide on what's best for you.

I personally wouldnt port those juggs. I would just enjoy the bike as is. There's always going to be someone faster than you. There's plenty other mods you can do but best bang for the buck if porting the juggs. You can always save you money meanwhile enjoying your bike as is. Nothing is wrong by being slower a buddy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you talk to the builder you decide to go with, you both can decide on what's best for you.

I personally wouldnt port those juggs. I would just enjoy the bike as is. There's always going to be someone faster than you. There's plenty other mods you can do but best bang for the buck if porting the juggs. You can always save you money meanwhile enjoying your bike as is. Nothing is wrong by being slower a buddy.

Very true! Its coming along nice! I should be able to put the top end on sometime this week and have it in the quad by the weekend. The polished bolt kit i had bought looks sweet with all the fresh powder coat! I will keep the pics coming!

The smaller bore juggs about in the $800-$900 range i think. Then you need a lockup($220-$350), override(mine was $300-$400 i think). Then you will need a longer swingarm, , chain, crankshaft, bigger carbs, race fuel, exhaust(Shearer or CPI's) etc. Adds up quickly doesnt it? There's stuff i didnt mention either. Then if you like power all over the rpm range, your shit outta luck. Cubs are bolt on drag cylinders. Drag ported. Retarded top end like no other but nothing down low. Although some will say they trail ride all day long with their cub set ups and have awesome mid range. I'm just starting my opinion which doesnt mean much.

Lets say you do all of that and line up your cub against a raptor. That is not a fair race at all. You just brought Rambo with his big machine gun to a knife fight. Sure you will own him but it wont be much of a race. Search youtube for cub videos and be amazed.

You are already on the right path imo.

Edited by RagunCajun

I ported my cousins bike,stock carbs ,air box,+4 timing,T-5s,milled head after porting.This thing eats my buddies 700r

yea im just gonna stick to the simple bolt on's for now. Man you guys are great on feedback on here. I was down damn right impressed! Keep up the good work guys! Just got my yfz a-arms and 450r shocks so i got some mods to do. I will put up some pics later tonight! :biggrin:

yea im just gonna stick to the simple bolt on's for now. Man you guys are great on feedback on here. I was down damn right impressed! Keep up the good work guys! Just got my yfz a-arms and 450r shocks so i got some mods to do. I will put up some pics later tonight! :biggrin:

yfz arms installed!!!! Waiting on the guy with the lathe to finish up the spacers

• 1 month later...
A win's a win. period. Plus it's pretty stupid not to go WOT in a drag race. So i guess you didnt video it :down:

I would run it again but i blew my shit up again chasing some punk ass kids that threw eggs at us when we were riding........broke the bottom of the skirt off thr jug and the skirt off the piston and smoked the crank!!!! :evil: