GOT MY BABY BACK AGAIN TODAY

Needed money urgently so i took my banshee to local dealer and put it on their floor to sell.Also had my 4runner for sale and the gods where very good to me for my 4runner sold first so i went and took my banshee back.Must say i was praying very hard that my banshee doesnt get sold and it all worked out good.

While i got all your attention would like to ask you what you make of this.

My suspension on my shee is stock,spacers on back and spacers on front.If i take a rope from my back wheel to front wheel on right side i can put almost 4 fingers between rope and front tyre and if i do the same on the left side i can only put one finger between rope and front tyre.Hope what i am trying say make sense.

Will try and put picture up.

I would like to know if my frame is bend or is this normal.It doesnt make sense to me.

Is the rear axle adjustable.

Are the spacers in the rear the same width?

are the spacers in the front the same width?

Inspect your front a-arms and tie-rods to make sure nothing is bent

Make sure the front rims are the same offset.

Post a pic of the front of the bike

Is the rear axle adjustable.

Are the spacers in the rear the same width?

are the spacers in the front the same width?

Inspect your front a-arms and tie-rods to make sure nothing is bent

Make sure the front rims are the same offset.

Post a pic of the front of the bike

The spacers at the rear are the same width.

Spacers in front are same width.

The rear axle is sill stock axle.

Will inspect front a-arms and tei rods later.(1.30am in south africa must get some sleep)

The whole suspension of shee is as i bouhgt it brand new.Just added the wheel spacers

post-24930-1239493041.jpg

Will take more photos and post them.

Dont know if this photo will help.

Thank you for interest

First of all. Congrats on getting your bike back!

Now, to the nitty gritty. Your arms are bent. You can see in the pictures that both wheels have the same toe and camber and also the same pitch. So, this leads me to believe that you bent one side forward, but most likely bent one side backwards. By "side", i mean everything on that one side. Upper and lower arms, with tie rods included. If they all bent the same amount at the same time, you wouldn't notice it unless you measured like you did.

Does this make sense?

Dont panic, my guess is that the front end is fine. Since you have a stock swingarm and carrier, it is probably adjusted crooked. With a stock carrier, when you do chain adjustments you need to make sure you adjust each adjuster bolt the same amount or it will cock the carrier on the arm. count the number of threads exposed on each adjusment bolt and see if they are roughly the same. based on that pic, my guess is the right side (throttle side) is adjusted farther out than the the other side. You can confirm by putting a straight edge on the rear sprocket and seeing if it is straight in line with the front sprocket.

Dont panic, my guess is that the front end is fine. Since you have a stock swingarm and carrier, it is probably adjusted crooked. With a stock carrier, when you do chain adjustments you need to make sure you adjust each adjuster bolt the same amount or it will cock the carrier on the arm. count the number of threads exposed on each adjusment bolt and see if they are roughly the same. based on that pic, my guess is the right side (throttle side) is adjusted farther out than the the other side. You can confirm by putting a straight edge on the rear sprocket and seeing if it is straight in line with the front sprocket.

Went to check out swingarm and carrier the amount of threads on both the adjusment bolt the same as i got it out of shop.This is really messing with my head.

If their is someone reading this that got a stock banshee will you not go and see if this is also the same with your shee please.Will take you not more then two minutes and a peace of rope.

Will take more photos. DSC01489.jpg

post-24930-1239555223.jpg

Got hold of another stock banshee today and did the same measurments as i did with mine and the gap between rope and front wheels are the same on both sides.

I seriously dont no what is wrong with my shee.Ive looked at the spacers,rims,a-arms even took mesurements fom back axle to the foot pegs ,its the same.Spoke to another guy about it today as well and the only thing i can think of is that the frame must be bend or twisted.

Ive never rolled or had any major accidents,although the off-roads ive competed in were rough on the shee.Is it possible that the frame can bent that easy?

Is it possible that it can be a factory fault?I seriously cant think that the frame can bent with the type of riding ive been doing,i dont even do jumps with her (the odd small one on race day but nothing major like going to mx track).