carb problems

Mason

I was out riding today and i was going down the street and i noticed the throttle was sticking on me. it did i once when i first got it but now it always sticks and i have to rev it to get it unstuck. I believe the TORS is removed. i am going to get a new throttle cable today do you think that would fix it?

and also, i noticed when i ride it then stop, gas runs out of the overflow tube on the float bowl in the left carb,and it doesn't trickle, it POURS out. and on the right carb, it comes out the one tube at the top and leaks all over the tranny case. what would be causing this, and how would i fix it? or is it just because of the throttle sticking?

Edited by Mason

i am going to get a new throttle cable tonight cuz its crap. i took apart the carbs and cleaned them and noticed the float in the left carb hangs down lower than the one on the right. is it made like that? if not, how do i adjust them? sorry for all the questions, but i am not very good with jetting/adjusting stuff in carburetors.

well i ended up installing a motion pro twist throttle kit, seemed to idle fine without leaking gas or the throttle sticking so i went to take it out for a drive and fouled a plug in my left cylinder as soon as i got out of my garage :wallbash: and started spewing gas out my left exhaust and out the left head so i said F%$# this and put it away. lol

it sounds like you just need a good carb cleaning and float adjustment. both carbs should be set the same. measure from the carb to bowl mating surface without the gasket in place and your height to the highest point of the floats should be about 20-22mm, or about 13/16"- 7/8". slightly bend the tab over the needle jet to adjust as needed. make sure everything is clean and moving freely also.

ok so after fouling my plug i got a new one, installed and started right up. idled fine with choke on but wont idle with it off. finally just revved it up and went around the track, and no matter how much i revved it into the powerband it would just bog out. brought it back, cleaned the plugs, and kicked it and kicked it with no start. i then tore the carbs apart again and it seems that the left cylinder isnt getting gas. tore the right carb apart to adjust the float and i lost the spring that holds it to the needle jet, and also, the needle jet fell right out of its hole as soon as i bent the float's tab out of the way. the other carb's jet isnt like that. my father thinks it isnt getting spark but if it didnt it wouldnt have started the first time it did. i seem to always have the worst luck when it comes to carbs.