reeds ?

SD1026

looking to get some reeds !!! my buddy said to look into carbon fiber reeds vs v force 3 reeds any thoughts or experiances??????

VF3's are carbon fiber!

I think he means carbon fiber petals vs. going to VF3's... Well from what I have heard VF3's are a top end power type mod and in my experience it seems correct, but porting your stock reed cages and putting on some 2-stage carbon fiber reeds or Vito's 2-stage carbon tech reeds gives you as good of a gain if not better for alot cheaper... It all depends on the porting you do, but I believe porting and the 2-stage reeds are more of a bottom end mod and the VF3's are top end so if you do mostly trail and some dune or even some trail and some dune go with ported stock cages and the 2-stage carbon fiber reeds, if you dune mostly or drag alot go with VF3's

I have some FMF ram valves with FMF power reeds Im asking $12 for. One reed needs replaced...replacement reeds are $36.00. The cages work with stock intake boots. This setup was awesome and a big improvement over stock. I scored some rad valves for $20 tho

YES MY BIKE IS PORTED BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TYPE OF PORT OR DOME SIZE. THE COMPRESSION IS AT 182 AND HAD A TRINITY 2 IN 1 BUT I TOOK IT OFF AND PUT STOCK CARBS ON. THE BIKE HAS MAJOR BOTTOM END SO I THINK IT IS A MX PORT DEF NOT A DRAG PORT. THE KID I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID HE THINKS DUNCAIN DID THE PORT .HE WAS UNSURE DUE TO NOT ASKING WHAT WAS DONE WHEN HE GOT IT. I HAVE A VITOS COOL HEAD ALSO. SO I WAS WONDERING IF I USE THE CAGES I HAVE WITH CARBON FIBER REEDS OR GO WITH THE V3'S. I DO ALOT OF TRAILS AND DUNES TWICE A YEAR HOPFULLY BUT THE FOUR STROKE ALSO COMES OUT FOR THE DUNES.

YES MY BIKE IS PORTED BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TYPE OF PORT OR DOME SIZE. THE COMPRESSION IS AT 182 AND HAD A TRINITY 2 IN 1 BUT I TOOK IT OFF AND PUT STOCK CARBS ON. THE BIKE HAS MAJOR BOTTOM END SO I THINK IT IS A MX PORT DEF NOT A DRAG PORT. THE KID I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID HE THINKS DUNCAIN DID THE PORT .HE WAS UNSURE DUE TO NOT ASKING WHAT WAS DONE WHEN HE GOT IT. I HAVE A VITOS COOL HEAD ALSO. SO I WAS WONDERING IF I USE THE CAGES I HAVE WITH CARBON FIBER REEDS OR GO WITH THE V3'S. I DO ALOT OF TRAILS AND DUNES TWICE A YEAR HOPFULLY BUT THE FOUR STROKE ALSO COMES OUT FOR THE DUNES.

OK

1. You need to turn your caps off. Everyone thinks your yelling at them.

2. You still didn't answer all my questions, you forgot a major component called "Pipes".

Typically VF3 cages only make a bigger diference than replacement reeds on mid-top built motors.

1. You need to turn your caps off. Everyone thinks your yelling at them.

2. You still didn't answer all my questions, you forgot a major component called "Pipes".

Typically VF3 cages only make a bigger diference than replacement reeds on mid-top built motors.

sorry about the caps i have dg pipes but have plans on putting procurcuit platinum.

sorry about the caps i have dg pipes but have plans on putting procurcuit platinum.

you'll like the pc pipes for trails. they have a decent top end to them too for the dunes. they are a pretty good all around kind of pipe. and persoanlly i think they are one of the best sounding. and yes, i have them on my banshee. i also have the v3's. which seems to make a pretty good combination.

• 3 months later...

i have a set of Boyesen Pro Series Reeds (carbon fiber) w/ stock cages for $50 shipped pm me if your interested. They were only ridden on for about a total of 3 hours or so. They are basically brand new, very good reeds for the money. I have the V-Force Cages now but of course they were way more expensive then reg. replacment reeds.

Edited by FOXBANSHEE30