Oversiezing to .60 a good or bad choise?

well i bouth my abnshee two weeks ago, and well i've opend up the engine for a few reason and to my fear, i need quite some work on it, alot has been done, but now some tell me i need new pistons, cause .60 cylinders arent good cause of overheating, what you guys think?

You can go up to .100 over. I wouldn't go past .080 though. Do you need to go to .060? What size bore is in it now? You should only bore to the size that's neccessary to get rid of any screwed up spots in the cylinders. Take the jugs to a machinist, and get him to measure the bore. He'll tell you what size you need to go to.

well i bouth my abnshee two weeks ago, and well i've opend up the engine for a few reason and to my fear, i need quite some work on it, alot has been done, but now some tell me i need new pistons, cause .60 cylinders arent good cause of overheating, what you guys think?

I ran .100 over cylinders for 3 seasons, ZERO overheating issues, or any other issues for that matter. They actually ran very hard! Unless you're in a pinch, I agree on the fact of not surpassing .080. I bought my banshee with .100 over cylinders on it. Just letting you know that you have plenty of life left in your jugs.

I ran .100 over cylinders for 3 seasons, ZERO overheating issues, or any other issues for that matter. They actually ran very hard! Unless you're in a pinch, I agree on the fact of not surpassing .080. I bought my banshee with .100 over cylinders on it. Just letting you know that you have plenty of life left in your jugs.

same here 3-yrs no problems on a .100.would have ran them longer but a broken crank cracked one cylinder at the intake window.

i'm buying the cylinders for 350$ canadian there completly stock, but i feel like going .60, like some guy around here tell me it's going to over heat blah blah, im really confused @_@ so if anyone has a saying before i get them tomorow tell me, thanks guys

i'm buying the cylinders for 350$ canadian there completly stock, but i feel like going .60, like some guy around here tell me it's going to over heat blah blah, im really confused @_@ so if anyone has a saying before i get them tomorow tell me, thanks guys

over heating isnt from the bore size. whoever says so ist a dumb fuck. there are many more factors playing in this part. do some research on here with mods and match it up to what you have. you will be fine with .60.