My new to me truck...

Dinner

http://www.dieseltrans.com/ It says sardis BC, canada. I dont know how close that is to you. Bill kondolay is the owner. Met him a couple of times. He can be stubborn and opinionated, but when he sets your tranny up it works right.

BC is a pretty far distance from me! haha. That would be like driving from Washington State to Ohio for you US guys :laugh: The drive for me to go right to Dave would be like Ohio to Iowa, which isn't too far.

Nice truck Craig..I have been wanting to a get a Cummins myself.. Probably a 12 valve though.

Thanks!

A 12 valve would be nice, specially being as you don't have to worry about any sort of IP or LP problems. First thing I would do with a 12 valve would be to take care of the KDP, then go from there. 24 Valves do have that issue too, it's just more uncommon than on 12 valves. But then I thought to myself, with the 12 valves, you are at a set HP level once you are done bombing. At least with an electronic IP/engine there is the ability to change on the fly, or at least load some different ECM flashes. Can be cruising along with 300HP, taking it easy for fuel mileage. Want to play, whatever, flick some switches and what not and have a crap load more fuel running through!

The Vp44 doesn't scare me much either, most fail due to lack of fuel/lubrication or electronic failure due to high heat/heat cycles. Granted you can go quite a while on one before it dies (figuring under hood temps are normal and good positive pressure of fuel). And the 24 valve's have a nicer sound than the 12 or CR's, IMO :laugh:

Looking good DinDin the girl's dad and brother just got some 00 2500 cummins they had 06 chev before

Well if they ever have questions about it, problems, etc, shoot me a message and I'll try to answer them. Especially with repairs/diagnoses so they don't have to go to the dealership :ermm:

Edited by Dinner

And the 24 valve's have a nicer sound than the 12 or CR's, IMO :laugh:

The first point that we can disagree on. Nothing sounds nicer than a highly warmed over 12 valve with a straight pipe and lots of timing. but hey, as long as you are driving a cummins, you are ok by me. LOL

The first point that we can disagree on. Nothing sounds nicer than a highly warmed over 12 valve with a straight pipe and lots of timing. but hey, as long as you are driving a cummins, you are ok by me. LOL

I personally like the rattle of the 24's better :biggrin: But yes the 12 valves do sound nice with timing...we can't get as "finiky" with our timing, which sucks. But yes straight pipe only...not too small and not too big :laugh: