New with questions

I got an 03 Banshee that i bought 2 years ago. Never owned one before that. Got it just to ride on trails but I also like to drag race a little. I don't know much about working on them.

The problem I have is a screw come out of the reed valves and put a hole in the top of one of the pistons. It has a Cool Head - other than that as far as I can tell its all stock. When I was looking at it to see what all damage was done I noticed that on one of the cylinders somebody had obviously overtightened one of the nuts that hold it to the block and broke/cracked the ear where the stud goes thru. I am going to get at least one new cylinder - would like to get both.

The question I have is - I found a set here is the decription -

"USED BUT IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION PORTED CYLINDERS WITH PISTONS 65.5MM AND REED SPACERS.

They were professionally ported by Wicked Motorsports ATV in California."

It also says "Ported Drag/Dune"

Will these work for the type of riding I do?

I want more power and I like to go fast.

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

seems like a pretty decent deal. keep watching them and snag them if they dont go too high. i dont know what cylinders with porting are worth these days, but someone might chime in and let you know.

you can always sell your cylinders now to recoup some cost as well.

it sounds like these cylinders may be a little more geared to drag and fast paced dunes. thats not to say you cant use them in the trails, but some gearing changes might be required. these cylinders will probably start making power between 4 and 6k. if i were going to build a banshee for the trails, id want the power to come on sooner than that.

if they dont go much higher i dont think you can get hurt on them. give them a try and see how you like them.

seems like a pretty decent deal. keep watching them and snag them if they dont go too high. i dont know what cylinders with porting are worth these days, but someone might chime in and let you know.

you can always sell your cylinders now to recoup some cost as well.

it sounds like these cylinders may be a little more geared to drag and fast paced dunes. thats not to say you cant use them in the trails, but some gearing changes might be required. these cylinders will probably start making power between 4 and 6k. if i were going to build a banshee for the trails, id want the power to come on sooner than that.

if they dont go much higher i dont think you can get hurt on them. give them a try and see how you like them.

priciate the input - thanks!!