Coolant question, after top end rebuild

So I just finished rebuilding my top end. As I was just putting new transmission oil and coolant back in I noticed that I could only put 1 and 1/2 quarts in and it was full. The specs. on it says it should be 2.64 qts with .30 of that being in the reservoir which was already full so if there is suppose to be 2.34qts in there without the reservoir. So any clue why the rest of the .84 isn

So I just finished rebuilding my top end. As I was just putting new transmission oil and coolant back in I noticed that I could only put 1 and 1/2 quarts in and it was full. The specs. on it says it should be 2.64 qts with .30 of that being in the reservoir which was already full so if there is suppose to be 2.34qts in there without the reservoir. So any clue why the rest of the .84 isn

kind of had the same thing.. your juggs are dry of coolant.. turn it on.. let it run sometime then when it cools down open the radiator cap and fill it up.

or what i did was.. when i filled the radiator after i changed my coolant.. i filled up the coolant overflow bottle ... and after a day or two it completely went bone dry in the overflow bottle.. it automatically sucked it out from there

I dont know where your coolant went....but it didnt pull it from the coolant bottle back to the system,because the banshee system dosent work like that.

The coolant bottle is an over flow only,it does not recirculate the coolant back to the radiator or the system.

90% of banshees I see dont even have a coolant bottle,mine sure dosent.

As far as answering the question that was asked.

Fill it up as much as you can,run the motor for your heat cycles checking and adding coolant in between.

Dan

Your coolant is fine, the banshee has a small tube off the top of the head that lets the trapped air out if the system. I disagree with bansheedan that the system doesnt pull out of the overflow bottle, why would it be there if it can not go back into the system. They would just dump on the ground like the breathers do. As far as no exhaust pressure, I would take it for a spin and clear it out. Could have some fuel in the bottom of the case or something. See if you have pressure at a higher rev, that could be a whole other set of problems.

Is there any chance it could be my reed on the left side causing the lack of pressure?

What kind of reeds? you could try and flip them over, you will have to take the individual reed off the cage and flip it for a temporary fix. As far as the paint behind the reeds use a good oil like Klotz and mix 40:1 and that should solve it.

I just have stock reeds on it and ill try flipping it over then buy some new if that seems to be the problem. For the paint I just used brake/parts cleaner to get it all off. Just curious why they would even paint it. Thanks for the help

haha, yah when i got mine, i switched it to torco synthetic, it stripped the paint completely.

flipping the pedals will be fine unless they are begining to crack

the overflow tank is a recovery bottle, just like a car. if you look at the radiator cap, you'll notice that the center of the bottom is a check valve to let coolant back in, but not out. there is a small amount of coolant that goes back and forth, but if you run without a bottle, it will spit that little bit out once, and stay at that amount, only sucking air, which is fine. just keep the level up in the tank, and it'll suck it in :thumbsup: