Installing magnumn basket

VWMIKE

Hey guys,

Quick question. Do I reuse the orig metal backing plate that the gear is riveted too? The instructions with the basket suck, they say I'm supposed to reuse the rubber cushions, bolts and backing plate off the orig, They are super generic instructions, but something tells me I don't use any of the orig shit! Please confirm. thanks

Mike

Hey guys,

Quick question. Do I reuse the orig metal backing plate that the gear is riveted too? The instructions with the basket suck, they say I'm supposed to reuse the rubber cushions, bolts and backing plate off the orig, They are super generic instructions, but something tells me I don't use any of the orig shit! Please confirm. thanks

Mike

if i remember correctly, my basket came with a new plate and you

attach it to the basket with (4) counter sunk, allen head bolts.

you should use some red locktite on those bolts for re-assembly.

do not re-use the original cushions. it should have come with

new cushions.

and when removing your oem basket, be careful, there is a conical

washer in there that will fall out and it needs to go back in place.... :thumbsup:

edit: yes there is a sticky here too....http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85373

Edited by Hilarious

Hey guys,

Mike

At the top of this forum there is a sticky on how to change a basket.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85373