Painting the fenders

Ineedmoney

Ok i saw a guy use kyron spray paint or something to paitn his shee's plastics.

THey looked pretty good. shoudl i do this. I want to use black. i want a all balck bike wiht some highlighted red parts.

Thanks for any info.

My buddy does it professionally, so i might just get it done by him.

I was reading up on a few different sites about painting, and overall it sounds like the Krylon was the best. The one thing I did get from all the posts was, clean, clean, clean, sand, sand, sand, clean, clean, clean! Prep the hell out of it! This guy rides the trails, and said he has very good luck. He also had said that the Krylon Fusion didn't work as well as the plain old Krylon? How is the fusion holding up for you?

Edited by sandaholic-stalik

not trying to be negative ned but i tryed painting my plastics and everything went good except the rear fenders. everytime i would hit them with my boot they would scratch and if they bent the paint would come off. BUT im not a painter so i prolly did it wrong. the front was fine

One thing to watch out for when useing krlon fusion is it will run. The can has like a differnet tip then most cans. So it comes out in a like 3 inch strip. just take your time and use many coats. i used 4 on mine. and i had some runs but nothing noticable. Mine turned out pretty good i think. (middle of fixing it thats why the clutch cover is off)

bansheepaint001.jpg

Edited by skinindustries

i did mine,

i washed 3 times, used some gas twice, then immediently power washed, then used 300 grit sand paper for about 4 hours. then took another 4 hours with some 600 grit sand paper, thena bout another 2 hours spot hitting with some 1000 grit. then washed again and hit it with more 1000 grit

then put 2 cans of plastic adhesion promoter on, then put 5 real light coat of paint on each peice then finished them of with a nice coat. no runs, they look great, havent had any problems at all, i scuffed one with my foot jacking around, it just discolored the top coat a little, but i took it off, hit it with some 1000grit and re spot painted that rear plastic, total time maybe 15 minutes to redo the fender at the end of the day , put it back on the next and has been fine every since. picture on bottom right

i used krylon fusion

i did mine,

i washed 3 times, used some gas twice, then immediently power washed, then used 300 grit sand paper for about 4 hours. then took another 4 hours with some 600 grit sand paper, thena bout another 2 hours spot hitting with some 1000 grit. then washed again and hit it with more 1000 grit

x2.

If you have a run problem like skinindustries did you could always change the tip. Graffiti artist do all the time for different styles.

You can order some from here http://artprimo.com/catalog/index.php or local hardware store might have them.