banshee cdi for rz swap?

i got all my electronics for the RZ350 swap except the cdi. (guy sold it right away) the only one on ebay right now is buy it now for over $200. i allready dropped $370 for these electronics and i dont want to spend anymore!

i've been searching for 2 days now, im not going to go with zeeltronics, i got all the rz stuff.

does anyone know if a cdi from another bike will work?

thanks in advance people

rick

Banshee cdi won't work... The cdi is usually the most expensive part of the swap. I got tired of my powervalve controllers crapping out and went with the zeel unit. I know that you said you weren't going to use it but it awesome compared to the yamaha crap. If you want a cheap power valve motor like 20 bucks or cheaper, pretty much any exhaust servo motor off yamaha bikes will work if you change the connector, ex. r1, r6 , & some others. Just remember that pretty much any year cdi will work with any year stator, you just have to flip a couple wire to make certain swaps. I might have an extra cdi laying around, I'll look for ya. Marcus

Banshee cdi won't work... The cdi is usually the most expensive part of the swap. I got tired of my powervalve controllers crapping out and went with the zeel unit. I know that you said you weren't going to use it but it awesome compared to the yamaha crap. If you want a cheap power valve motor like 20 bucks or cheaper, pretty much any exhaust servo motor off yamaha bikes will work if you change the connector, ex. r1, r6 , & some others. Just remember that pretty much any year cdi will work with any year stator, you just have to flip a couple wire to make certain swaps. I might have an extra cdi laying around, I'll look for ya. Marcus

that will be sweet if you have a extra.

the parts that i have (well that are coming from ebay) are. the stator, powervalve pully thing with cables.powervalve servo/motor powervalve controller, and the eletrical regulator. and these are off of a 85 bike.

i read that i can use my banshee flywheel, so i did not buy the flywheel. i also did not buy the harness. i figure i prety good with wiring so i give it a shot.

how much is there cdi? I was looking at a dealer in the us and they sold the cdi and PV controller for $700. That's a bit to much for me. Do you know how much just the cdi is?

I don't need it to work will the banshee stuff just the rz stator and rz PV controller.

I still have to wait for the stuff to come in anyway. Then build a wiring harness so I have a little time to try to find one.