Banshee Drag suspension

Bulldogger

I'm looking at getting new shocks to drop the front and rear end for drag use. with out going solid struts. I want the bikes a arms and swing arm to sit level, whats your recommendations everyone?? .....I was thinking maybe something simple without springs... I know Honda ex shocks would work but I want to lighten it also. I only ride on asphalt and sand drags Post with links to where I can get them would be appreciated thanks Jon

i have some marvin shaw competition series on the front of mine.

they are 12.5" eyelet to eyelet with .5" or adjustment where i can make them

12" long. that lenght will get you low in the front.

www.marvinshawshocks.com call them and get them set up for your weight

and bike. tim and becky will set you up....... :thumbsup:

they dont make a rear fox float.. You could do a single front float for the rear but... with a extended swinger its going to be spongy even at max PSI. Not to mention the floats are 14". I'm not sure if they custom make them per applications either.. Only time I've seen floats on the rear is with a custom linkage and they used 2 fronts on the rear. Also seen it on a few mini's.

Marvin shaw shocks are the way to go... Tim and Becky are some of the nicest people I've ever talked to. They can build the shocks to spec and valve them to what you want them to do.. I'd recommend the hillshooters because if you want a lil more plush ride... they can be converted to a coil-over where the competition series can't be. Also will be well beneath the price of floats or most any other shock.

Got mine from JEFF at F.A.S.T. he had the best price they are 11.5 Marvin Shaws competion models and they will make your front maybe 2-3 inches off the ground probably 2 when your sitting on it with you a-arms flat across them.

kubitza123 & dragbanshee98 ......I was trying to find the shocks you were talking about but no luck....you don't have a website suggestion do you? it looks like tdr specalizes in parts for crotch rockets from the site i found and I havnt heard of F.A.S.T. before

Edited by Bulldogger

http://tigorracing.com/index.html here is the website for tigor racing, you will prolly have to call him to get the shocks i do not think they have them listed on their site... lightest shocks i have ever used, make marvins seem heavy :evil: he has a patent on all his stuff so good luck findin them anywhere else :cool:

how do you like the looks of my shee now that it is almost done??? dont think you have been by and seen it since i tore it apart :evil:

they dont make a rear fox float.. You could do a single front float for the rear but... with a extended swinger its going to be spongy even at max PSI. Not to mention the floats are 14". I'm not sure if they custom make them per applications either.. Only time I've seen floats on the rear is with a custom linkage and they used 2 fronts on the rear. Also seen it on a few mini's.

Marvin shaw shocks are the way to go... Tim and Becky are some of the nicest people I've ever talked to. They can build the shocks to spec and valve them to what you want them to do.. I'd recommend the hillshooters because if you want a lil more plush ride... they can be converted to a coil-over where the competition series can't be. Also will be well beneath the price of floats or most any other shock.

one of the float x evolution shocks work well for the rear... they have an external resevoir to help hold the exta weight of an extended swinger... and to prove that they work in the rear i found a vid of one of the nastiest banshees i have ever seen that uses them all the way around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBwF50o1tfA

the evolution shock will do everything that 2 normal floats will do

one of the float x evolution shocks work well for the rear... they have an external resevoir to help hold the exta weight of an extended swinger... and to prove that they work in the rear i found a vid of one of the nastiest banshees i have ever seen that uses them all the way around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBwF50o1tfA

the evolution shock will do everything that 2 normal floats will do

Thats the twin float setup I was refering too.... Thats not a evol.

http://tigorracing.com/index.html here is the website for tigor racing, you will prolly have to call him to get the shocks i do not think they have them listed on their site... lightest shocks i have ever used, make marvins seem heavy :evil: he has a patent on all his stuff so good luck findin them anywhere else :cool:

how do you like the looks of my shee now that it is almost done??? dont think you have been by and seen it since i tore it apart :evil:

I'd like to see a pic of these shocks..