Bad reed symptoms?

there are about 28375648123764912364 different ones. if there is something wrong with you bike let us know how it is acting, its a lot easier to diagnose a problem.

most commonly i have seen broken or malfunctioning reeds cause the bike to have poor bottom end, rev to the moon, or just not run. reeds are fairly easy to check. take your carbs off and lightly stick your finger into the intakes. check the reeds and see if anything feels loose or broken. you can also get a flashlight and look. sometimes they may have small crack or fraying that you wont be ably to see or feel.

there are about 28375648123764912364 different ones. if there is something wrong with you bike let us know how it is acting, its a lot easier to diagnose a problem.

most commonly i have seen broken or malfunctioning reeds cause the bike to have poor bottom end, rev to the moon, or just not run. reeds are fairly easy to check. take your carbs off and lightly stick your finger into the intakes. check the reeds and see if anything feels loose or broken. you can also get a flashlight and look. sometimes they may have small crack or fraying that you wont be ably to see or feel.

THanks!

I haven't ridden it yet...fixing breakfast for the wife before I start tearing into the bikes. He said he took the bike to the yamaha joint here and they said it needed new reeds. He took it in because it seem to run right to him...but he's ridden CRF450's for the last few years and doesn't have much experience with much else. The thing may be fine, but I've never encountered fouled reeds before...I've always had the mind that the reeds are cheap, thus I've replaced them anytime I've had to do a top end or something.