Lonestar Axle

baudy

I have a Lonestar +2 rear axle on my '02 Banshee, the quetion is: What is the best way to lock the axle nut on,it came with a basic hairpin for easy adjustment,(removing and installing spacer),last night my nephew was riding it and the nut backed off and the hub came off. I am replacing the nut and washer,just would like to know if it would be better to use a cotter pin instead of the hairpin it comes with?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone in advance!!

It is possible you hit a rock or something and dislodged the hitch pin. Nothing wrong with using a cotter pin, though.

I think the hitch pin has been gone or loose for awhile, I have never had a need or want to remove the spacers.

my LSR axle just uses the stock axle nuts or a single nut aftermarket style..

you got a pic of your setup?

Mine uses the factory nut,but when I bought the axle,(April '04),I remember it had the hitch pins and I had to use the factory nut.

Can you get that type at Lowe's or Home Depot?

That looks like a lot more reliable than the original!!

Thanks LOCO!! :thumbsup:

Ok,I went to my local Yamaha dealer and got the factory axle nut...it is too small,the factory is a 14mm and according to Lonestars website,it takes a 20mm. Any suggestions? Do I order from Lonestar or try to find one elsewhere?