this h.p. sond right?

lilnomad

i know i dont have much done to the bike yet but here is my stuff so far and my dyno numbers. Mild trail port, 4 mil, T-5's, K&N clamp ons, 35 pwks. my numbers were 44hp and 31ft lbs. i just got a pro design head for 70 bucks and i am going to get a chariot timing plate and v-force 3's as soon as my bank account allows it. and also i thought that those carbs were overkill but my builder recommended them.

i know i dont have much done to the bike yet but here is my stuff so far and my dyno numbers. Mild trail port, 4 mil, T-5's, K&N clamp ons, 35 pwks. my numbers were 44hp and 31ft lbs. i just got a pro design head for 70 bucks and i am going to get a chariot timing plate and v-force 3's as soon as my bank account allows it. and also i thought that those carbs were overkill but my builder recommended them.

Those numbers are way low. If you do a search you will find the dyno sheet i posted on my bike which has about the same mods you do with stock carbs and i made 70 hp and 41 ft lbs. I would think you need to do some tuning on your bike and you could get those numbers up.

he had a sniffer on it but i dont know what the air/fuel was at. i thought that sounded low when i started lookin on here. i wish i woulda went with kevin. he has it tuned damn well from what i have seen though.. it can sit for about three days and with no choke it will start on first kick. maybe second. doesn't bog at all, but im still new to banshees so idk. i never rode this bike stock. got a motor and sent it to this guy.

okay another thing i waa thinkin is maybe his dyno is just low. because a buddy went with me and got his raptor 700 dynoed. with k&n/ no lid, power commander with custom write, and barker red labels it made 46hp and like 44ft lbs. then the guy messed with it and got the hp up to 48

ya thats sounds way low i had my bike dyno'd a couple weeks age with a dune port t6 pipes and a head with 20cc dome 143 psi compression and i hit 54.9 and i thought that was low so i went and bought a set of t5's and a set of vforce3 reeds and its a totally different bike im gonna dyno it again to see what the change in h.p was. Tom :evil:

To be honest...ride the bike and see how it goes.

A dyno can make a guy grin ear to ear one minute and cry the next....or vice versa.

I've beaten dyno queens that look good on paper, and I've gotten beaten by smaller motors setup better, flat out.

If the bike is setup somewhat correct, you should notice quite a bit of difference in the performance.

Did you get a chance to dyno it "before" all this work to get an estimated baseline....