Banshee wont turn over after mods.

Shags450

I had a stock banshee I put on fmf pipes, cool head and V force 3 reeds all at the same time.

Ok the 4 wheeler started up first kick good about the first 5 times I rode it, Now a week later... the thing wont cold start AT ALL.

I have to pull start it, ive changed the plugs adjusted the air screw, I have a Tors removal kit sitting beside me but dont wanna put it on yet cause I might upgrade carbs.

I just dono what could cause it to start great for a week then the next week not start at all.

after I get it warmed up after a pull start I barley have to kick it and it fires up... I still have good compression in both clys.

Im at a loss!! im sure the jetting is off but it just dosent make sense that it starts good for 1 week and I make no changes and the next it doesnt start even after new plugs and fuel.

Any help would be great.

Btw how many turns on the air screw is good, im at 1 1/2 but not sure if thats good ( I just used that on my 450 :P)

No airbox just bolt on filters, and yeh 1 cly looks way to lean and the other looks real oily X_X!

No I havnt rejet im not sure what jets are in the carb its not stock tho when I bought the jet I was given a bag of jets.

whats some good recommendations on jet sizes? (im in Wilmington NC 28409) not sure my altitude.

I went to the track tonight 1/8th mile, with the small amount of mods I got. I pulled 1.7 60 foots, and 7.90's.

the bike is just running like trash, 1 cly is deff doing its job the other is barley making any noise and running way to lean.

looks as if a rebuild/ new jugs are in my very near future lol. I guess a 4mill crank is going to go in sooner then I thought :P.

Gotta love money pits!

It actualy kick started tonight after about 100 kicks tho lol.

Edited by Shags450

if you took it to the track without rejetting, then pull your coolhead, and check the pistons. you may be in for a rebuild now, not soon. you could be lucky, but jetting isn't just something that you should do, as much as a necesity. there is an elevation finder pinned here at the top. we need that, temp, porting? timing, dome size, and what pipes

if you took it to the track without rejetting, then pull your coolhead, and check the pistons. you may be in for a rebuild now, not soon. you could be lucky, but jetting isn't just something that you should do, as much as a necesity. there is an elevation finder pinned here at the top. we need that, temp, porting? timing, dome size, and what pipes

I dont see the elevation finder! I searched google and this doesnt seem right but says my elevation is 25? X_X (Wilmington NC 28409!)

stock juggs stock timing, 21cc domes, fmf gold pipes. cool head, vforce 3 reeds, No airbox.

And thats it.

Thanks for the help I wanna get this fixed soon before I start getting in deeper then my pockets will allow me.

I dont see the elevation finder! I searched google and this doesnt seem right but says my elevation is 25? X_X (Wilmington NC 28409!)

stock juggs stock timing, 21cc domes, fmf gold pipes. cool head, vforce 3 reeds, No airbox.

And thats it.

Thanks for the help I wanna get this fixed soon before I start getting in deeper then my pockets will allow me.

my bad, it's at the top of jetting and exhaust

elevation is 26 feet, currently in carb, 300 mains, and 25 pilots.

I also found out if I hold my hand over the carb while cold starting it starts right up.

so I dono.

i am in richlands, i will check my jets tonight and see what i am running, (i believe 280 mains and 25 pilots, 3rd clip) it should be a good baseline for our elevation and current temps. last week when it was warmer it ran great and before when it was cold it ran a little better. i know mine is a bitch to start cold so i might need to check my carb bowls as well.

(side note: the stock pickup gap makes mine harder to start than .024 for some reason. maybe you could try that as well. just a thought)