KANSANS, SEAT BELT LAW - LISTEN UP!

blowit

http://www.kslegislature.org/supplemental/2010/SN0059.pdf

Here is our wonderful government at work! Looking to accept $11.2M in cash to adopt the enforcable seat belt law making it legal for pigs to just pull you over and nail your ass because you don;t have a belt on. Then search your vehicle, smell your breath, put their finger in your ass, you name it. As you can tell, I am NOT for this BULLSHIT! Why, because our pigs need no further excuses to pull people over for the hell of it and take money out of my tax paying ass. It pisses me off to no end that people seem to simply ignore that all our freedoms are slowly but surely going away.

We are already on the brink of losing A L L semi automatic weapons. Do you think the pigs are for that???? You bet they are. Will this take guns from crminals?? Hell no, it will just screw the rest of us. When was the last time you heard of an avid AR-15 collector taking someone out in a bank robbery? It is a scam that our "Savior himself" BS (Baracock Obama) is leading.

Now back to the belt law, I realize many states already have this wonderful BULLSHIT and I feel sorry for you but I firmly feel if I want to go driving without my seat belt and eat some windshield, that is my business. I have probably been pulled over around 500 times in my life now for anything from "you fit the description of bla bla" to " I did not think your tail lights worked". F U !!!!!! I pay taxes, I pay YOUR wages ASSHOLE. Give me some respect and maybe I might show you a little....

Anyway, you can tell I get pissed just thinking about this whole deal. If any Kansans agree and would be interested in a petition, let it be known.

I would like to add though that a belt law for 18 and younger IS a smart idea. I force my rug rats to buckle and I think that is important but that is really not the issue. I know it is safer, I just don't need MR asshole in blue "teaching me" a lesson at every corner of the road.

B

Edited by blowit

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just paid a 400 dollar seat belt ticket yesterday actually. Join the rest of us.

I have had 3 seat belt tickets at 60 bucks, Its my choice if i wear a seat belt or not and im not harming anyone else but myslef and when they first passed the law they said that they would not set up enforcement zones at intersections and do "stings" by having cops "hide" behind telephone polls and radio ahead, and that's how I got 2 of the 3.

we have the same law in ohio-my wife used to work in court processing tickets.no seatbelts are a big money maker!i feel all children should wear belts but if an adult doesnt want to he should not have to.it should be your choice-not johnny laws!!if anybody has'nt noticed your rights are slowly dissappearing.i own guns but would never register one!they are mine for home defense not a politicians voting tool!

I have had 3 seat belt tickets at 60 bucks, Its my choice if i wear a seat belt or not and im not harming anyone else but myslef and when they first passed the law they said that they would not set up enforcement zones at intersections and do "stings" by having cops "hide" behind telephone polls and radio ahead, and that's how I got 2 of the 3.

You got it!! People of Kansas probably think just because they wear a belt, they are in the clear. Not so, pigs just get another simple excuse like tag light to pull people over if they so wish. I am so fucking sick of watching every single freedom I enjoyed as a kid, gets thrown to the dogs so they can extort money from me. Lets see, my tax dollars pay the initial $11.2M right up, then I get to pay for every little infraction that refers to that law. So I am paying them to fuck me. Can anything make less sense????? It is a legalized bribe. If you read to the bottom of that attachment, they are speculating how many belt violations there are thus trying to assess what kind of money they can make with this screw job.

What is next, a tax to cut my grass???? AND a fine I don't cut it at 2.5in tall????

B

oh come on,, this is a law that fuckin saves lives.. not one meant to fuck you, like many others

so many times they say people would or could have survived a crash if only they had their seatbelt on...and im sure its true

this isnt some conspiracy to steal all your money, after all its a fuckin nylon strap that takes a tenth of a second to secure and could possibly save you or your passengers lives.. set a good example for kids by buckling up, if they see daddy and mommy not buckling up they wont wana do it either!

You got it!! People of Kansas probably think just because they wear a belt, they are in the clear. Not so, pigs just get another simple excuse like tag light to pull people over if they so wish. I am so fucking sick of watching every single freedom I enjoyed as a kid, gets thrown to the dogs so they can extort money from me.

if a seatbelt is so hard to buckle, come on down to good-old-boy central NJ and get pulled over for simply BEING.... then think of yourself lucky for getting let off with a "verbal waarning" for an infraction you nevever even commited,, all so they can see who u are, and if you smell like booz or weed.

Edited by Michael Jackson

and this is something new in Kansas.... ??

Good question. As the law stands now, Kansans can receive a ticket for this ONLY if they are cited for something else. It is already law IA, they cannot pull us over for a seat belt violation but can write it with a speeding violation. It makes no sense to have it anyway but at least, this way, they cannot pull me over at 3 in the morning because I "don't have my belt on". They are of course driving the safety aspect but we all "know" why they are doing it.

B

Edited by blowit

Good question. As the law stands now, Kansans can receive a ticket for this ONLY if they are cited for something else. IA, they cannot pull us over for a seat belt violation but can write it with a speeding violation. It makes no sense to have it anyway but at least, this way, they cannot pull me over at 3 in the morning because I "don't have my belt on". They are of course driving the safety aspect but we all "know" why they are doing it.

B

the one thing ive learned through the years, cops always cover their ass, the smart ones as leasat, they never put themselves in a position where they are wrong, they might be morally wrong, but they always have some silly section 4 dash 7.3A of their handbook to justify what they are doing

and this is something new in Kansas.... ??

We have a seatbelt law but you have to be pulled over for something else to be cited for no seatbelt.

I too agree it is major BS, just gives them another reason to pull you over to check for other things such as DUI or just to be an asshole. I can see enforceing a child being in a car seat or belted in but not an adult.

I know its ur choice and all but you should be wearing it anyway. The belt saved my ass twice and I always wear it. Ill tell you one thing that is rediculous. I got pulled over in Conneticut for something and the Cop asked y i didnt have my belt on at the time. Meanwhile at the light on the corner a motorcycle pulls up and the guy has no helmet on. How can u enforce seat belts when the state has a fucking no helmet law. Makes no fuckin sense.

Here in where I live in indiana they run a seatbelt campaign where once or twice a year they pull people over just for seatbelts and cite them, and they even advertise they are doing this through media and newspapers. That is proof to me that they are in it to raise money.

And yes seatbelts do save lives, respectfully they take lives also given the scenario. But we definetely dont need our goverment having this much control over decisions like this.

I am equally pissed off with the OP even though it doesn't affect me, and he is correct in terms of us the people are getting screwed out of shit like this by goverment in a legal way. If you start a petition I will sign the motherfucker.

Fuck barack obama and his administration, I think this country is going to be pretty fucked up by the end of his term or before but I hope not.