01 banshee runnings issues.. 1 cyl good other no go

rambo

ok guys new guy here second shee first i did a total rebuild an got to finally assembly an sold it due to lack of funds..

but i jus traded a 99 scrambler 400 4x4 for a

01 shee

fmf narlys an power core's

jetted..both carbs same jets an metering rod height in both...

an a k&n clamp on...

so got it an he had it rebuilt an fired once an the left cyl popped..3-4 times shut it off..

so today like a mad man got around n gathered a tors eliminator kit up piece by piece..

got it all on fired up still pops..

so got to checking it out

my right cylinder runs like a mother f*cker

but my left cylinder is only firing occasionally... i think,, it pops takes off when it does n dies out,,

right pipe blowing constant warm pressure..left side blowed but not alot of pressure like the right..

tried swapping plugs cylinder to cylinder..

same thing still...

an both have good compression

what my issues ?

Edited by rambo

ok guys new guy here second shee first i did a total rebuild an got to finally assembly an sold it due to lack of funds..

but i jus traded a 99 scrambler 400 4x4 for a

01 shee

fmf narlys an power core's

jetted..both carbs same jets an metering rod height in both...

an a k&n clamp on...

so got it an he had it rebuilt an fired once an the left cyl popped..3-4 times shut it off..

so today like a mad man got around n gathered a tors eliminator kit up piece by piece..

got it all on fired up still pops..

so got to checking it out

my right cylinder runs like a mother f*cker

but my left cylinder is only firing occasionally... i think,, it pops takes off when it does n dies out,,

right pipe blowing constant warm pressure..left side blowed but not alot of pressure like the right..

tried swapping plugs cylinder to cylinder..

same thing still...

an both have good compression

what my issues ?

Carb slide sync or LH pilot jet in carb. One of those.

brandon

Edited by blowit

well i syncd the carbs on the bench..

bc i swapped cable an eveything plus a twisty...yes i love twist throttle's lol...

so bought a new set of plugs tonight slapped them in runs like a raped ape 1/2 to wide open...

let it drop below half acts up an only runs one cylinder again...

when i was buying the plugs...the guy has raced for yrs an biult many many motors..said the clutch side of the motor being left side should be one jet size smaller bc it runs cooler then the magneto side..this true?

but also what jetts should i be running ?

im at 15424 pa.. dont go any other place to ride really.. i forget the elevation exactly im thinkin its like 2000 ft above sea level...

what jets should i be running with the gnarly pipes an a K&N ?

make sure you run the same jets in both carbs.... what jets you running now?

that wat i thought till i was told that tonight..

n um 260 mains i think... im gona pull them all tomorrow an buy a jet kit... an jett it.. but idk wat to jet these gnarly pipes with at my elevation ? an im gona pull them tomorrow an see if they are good or not probly...wish i had the had the money id jus swap a set of reed valves in as well

that wat i thought till i was told that tonight..

n um 260 mains i think... im gona pull them all tomorrow an buy a jet kit... an jett it.. but idk wat to jet these gnarly pipes with at my elevation ? an im gona pull them tomorrow an see if they are good or not probly...wish i had the had the money id jus swap a set of reed valves in as well

i got it figured out runs fine now very very healthy...for a stock shee...

um

the left carb needle seat had a bunch of junk in it i think contributed to the prob.. but the hose connecting the carbs wasnt there...thats what i've came up with...

runs good enough now i can litterly make it jump off the ground an almost do a back flip lol...

flipped complely upside down an landed on the left front rim packed the bead with gravel an dirt... so with practice i think i can do flips...lol but i anit gona try it at alllll lol ever again....

has a shorten swing arm ive found out.. slapped a stocker on it tonight tho...help the issue a lil now to fix the rear half of the frame an a-arm...

ok left cylinder is back on its shit...

124 n 125 lbs compression...

same jets

carbs cleaned like btr then new...

syncd like idk wat.. cant tell a diff in them.. perfect sync..

cross tube hooked

plugs new...

260 mains

30 pilots

3rd clip...

fmf gnarlys

k&n air

wiseco top end..

stock reeds an valves....

idk what the prob is ????