A & S Racing Engine

609boy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one have any port work done by this builder? If so, what was your conclusion. Thinking about sending them my cylinders any information will help thanks guys.

A&S is 15 min from my house...I know Dan Hull personally.

He does good work....but,I hope you dont need to call and talk to him,cuz its like pulling teeth to get him to answer the phone.

His customer service is terrible,and his turnaround time is even worse.

If you send your top end now...you MIGHT get it by December.

Basically its like this..if your not spending 3 to 10,000.00 he dont care about your buisness.

If you want excellent work and customer service call Kevin @ Herr Jugs Racing

I sent him my top end 3 weeks ago this friday...and it is scheduled to be delivered back to me tomorrow.

Dan

Edited by BansheeDan

A&S is 15 min from my house...I know Dan Hull personally.

He does good work....but,I hope you dont need to call and talk to him,cuz its like pulling teeth to get him to answer the phone.

His customer service is terrible,and his turnaround time is even worse.

If you send your top end now...you MIGHT get it by December.

Basically its like this..if your not spending 3 to 10,000.00 he dont care about your buisness.

If you want excellent work and customer service call Kevin @ Herr Jugs Racing

I sent him my top end 3 weeks ago this friday...and it is scheduled to be delivered back to me tomorrow.

Dan

well said

well said

I'm not sure about the customer service or turnaround time, but I bought a stock stroke/stock cylinder that he built including porting, lightened flywheel, shaved head, welded trued crank and it is absolutely insane for what it is. I would say the quality of work is top notch, but I can't vouch for the customer service or turnaround.

I'm not sure about the customer service or turnaround time, but I bought a stock stroke/stock cylinder that he built including porting, lightened flywheel, shaved head, welded trued crank and it is absolutely insane for what it is. I would say the quality of work is top notch, but I can't vouch for the customer service or turnaround.

May be the best builder in the country as far as Banshee drag racing engines are concerned.

My A&S Cheetah screams.

go with a&s it will be well worth the wait.i've met dan at the drag strip last november and he's cool people..i've also called him here and there and he's always had time to talk with me..in my opinion,no one else compairs..not putting any other builder down,but i've seen some shit come through here built by well know builders (some people even swear by them).call dan he'll take care of you..

go with a&s it will be well worth the wait.i've met dan at the drag strip last november and he's cool people..i've also called him here and there and he's always had time to talk with me..in my opinion,no one else compairs..not putting any other builder down,but i've seen some shit come through here built by well know builders (some people even swear by them).call dan he'll take care of you..

Well I tend to disagree with your statement.

I have personally had him build me a motor.

Absolutly no service after the sale whatsoever,dosent answer calls,the list goes on...

I will say the motor did scream for what it was and theres many here that can attest to that.

At the end of the day its personal prefrence,my prefrence is hell never build another motor for me ever.

Thats pretty sad when hes supposed to be one of the best in the country,and being local to me.

I sent my cylinders to HJR in California opposed to A&S 15 min from me.

There due back to me finished tomorrow,exactly 3 weeks from the day they were shipped to him.

That should say it all.

Dan

Edited by BansheeDan

gotta go with BansheeDan on this one guys...

Dan Hull comes in the shop bout 2 times a month.

great guy, he is THE man. will stop and talk to you forever if your in person....

but answering his phone and shit... HORRIBLE.

he was supposed to do my engine work last year. we wouldnt answer the phone to even let me know when he wanted it, then when I did get a hold of him he had excuses and was 150 more $$$$.

I went with his competition and had it back in less than 3 weeks.

then to top it off just last week he came in the shop and I asked him if he had any drag axles for sale.

he was excited and yeah I do!! let me get your # and when I get home I will call with the price. still waiting on that call.

hell, a buddy of mine is spending 6,000.00 with him right now and hes been waiting for over 3months. he "hopes" it will be done for JULY 4th. prolly not.

Well I tend to disagree with your statement.

I have personally had him build me a motor.

Absolutly no service after the sale whatsoever,dosent answer calls,the list goes on...

I will say the motor did scream for what it was and theres many here that can attest to that.

At the end of the day its personal prefrence,my prefrence is hell never build another motor for me ever.

Thats pretty sad when hes supposed to be one of the best in the country,and being local to me.

I sent my cylinders to HJR in California opposed to A&S 15 min from me.

There due back to me finished tomorrow,exactly 3 weeks from the day they were shipped to him.

That should say it all.

Dan

your right,it comes down to personal prefrence,but if i would ever have him port something for me,i know i would be getting his 100%.most people cant say that about there builders...

your right,it comes down to personal prefrence,but if i would ever have him port something for me,i know i would be getting his 100%.most people cant say that about there builders...

You might get his 100%.

But I assure you you will wait....

Im sorry im just one of those people that customer service means as much to me as how the motor runs.

I'll give you a recent case in point...

I took him the lower half of my motor in January.

Just to have him split the cases and give everything the once over.

It sat there for 3 1/2 weeks.

When I went out to his shop(because he wouldnt answer his phone),I was told that it hadnt even been looked at yet and it would be atleast another 6 weeks before it would.

Now im sorry but thats a little rediculous,2 months to just split a set of cases and look things over?

Needless to say I went and picked up my motor,and swore from that day forward he would never get anymore work from me and I would tell anyone that asks exactly how things go with the supposed "best builder in the country".

Dan

Edited by BansheeDan