30mm Keihin D Sliders

Aitchy

Can anyone point me in the right direction,

I have recently bought my first banshee, a "03" Shee

It has the following mods ( that i know of ) already

FMF Fattie -Gold series, power core 2 silencers , Dune porting (for mid->Top end power)

race reeds, .65 O/Size bores, Shaved head

& a pair of 30 mm keihin D Sliders, Running a 150 main & 48 Pilot

my problem is ;

It fuels up & boggs down low in take off , Once power ban hits it flies through mid range

then runs out up top, If i dont keep into the powerban it bogs down 5th to 6th gear

having to drop it back to 4th to get power ban again to take off

Im thinking jetting but not knowing much about these D Sliders i have no base line to work from

Gearing;

Im Running a 41tooth rear & 14tooth front Sprocket

up the back it has Kenda bearclaw's 22 X 12.00-9

My mate has the same bike stock as a rock and it is a lot smoother through th rev range nearly keeping with me , dissapointing concidering the mods on this thing

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Aitchy .

Edited by Aitchy

I think you are shifting to fsat hold your gears longer and you should not run into the bogging problem. I have Pt mids and still have to rev it alot further than i would think i need to. How long have you had the banshee? It is a wierd siwtch if you do not understand the power of a banshee

I think you are shifting to fsat hold your gears longer and you should not run into the bogging problem. I have Pt mids and still have to rev it alot further than i would think i need to. How long have you had the banshee? It is a wierd siwtch if you do not understand the power of a banshee

Im a bit hesitant ridding on its powerban all the time

I dont want to disintergrate the motor with constant over revving

To shift 6th, Ya have keep into it for what seems way to long if not it feels like ya hitting a wall then having to drop back to 4th to get the revs up again , like its too much fuel doesnt make sense to me with 150 mains im told they can handle much bigger .

Ive had tha shee for about 12 months now, Still learning

Converted from 2 wheels

All of my bikes have been 2 strokes though, no 4 stroke shit here

Yeah the pilot and needle play a big part with those carbs. I had them and I ran a 52 pilot at sealevel and it cleared up the bog. I have midrange pipes and once I did it ran way better didn't take as long to hit the powerband so I was actually lean on the pilot.

My Shee is in bits due to a blown head gasket ,

giving it a full clean out while apart ,

Im gonna swap out the 48 pilot for a 52 ( got a handfull of jets with the bike )

while ive got the carbs apart i would like to reset the float height as well

but i am unsure as the "how to" with these things is it the same as the stock carbs ??

Aitchy.

Can anyone point me in the right direction,

I have recently bought my first banshee, a "03" Shee

It has the following mods ( that i know of ) already

FMF Fattie -Gold series, power core 2 silencers , Dune porting (for mid->Top end power)

race reeds, .65 O/Size bores, Shaved head

& a pair of 30 mm keihin D Sliders, Running a 150 main & 48 Pilot

my problem is ;

It fuels up & boggs down low in take off , Once power ban hits it flies through mid range

then runs out up top, If i dont keep into the powerban it bogs down 5th to 6th gear

having to drop it back to 4th to get power ban again to take off

Im thinking jetting but not knowing much about these D Sliders i have no base line to work from

Gearing;

Im Running a 41tooth rear & 14tooth front Sprocket

up the back it has Kenda bearclaw's 22 X 12.00-9

My mate has the same bike stock as a rock and it is a lot smoother through th rev range nearly keeping with me , dissapointing concidering the mods on this thing

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Aitchy .

It seems i was grossly misinformed , The 30mm Kehin d sliders i was told i had are actually a cheaper copy of this carb made by a company called "OKO"

The bike is back together but im having problems with Fuel flooding on 1 side ,

Ive set up the carbs the same ( Jets , Pilot & Float level ) have put into the 2 hard basket for this weekend look at next week after work .

0160128G.JPG

Edited by Aitchy