any fellow boxers on this site?

peterlocal22

Im suprised there are not more boxers out there?

I boxed out of the Somerville Boxing club but the just shut their doors. It was a sad day. Alot of big name fighters came out of there. The most recent was Ruiz.

The ring has some real history behind it:

"This ring was used when ROCKY MARCIANO was fighting in the Golden Gloves, as well as many of his professional boxing appearances. It has seen the likes of SUGAR RAY ROBINSON and MUHAMMAD ALI. MARVIN HAGLER fought 14 bouts in this ring. WILLIE PEP fought for the New England Feather Weight championship of the world in that ring. Oh did I forget JOE LOUIS?? Yes he too fought in this ring too. And last but not least, our own JOHN RUIZ former heavyweight champion of the World."

I boxed in a local club in the mid 70's, wasn't very good but enjoyed it anyway. 106 lbs. walking blood transfusion saved by a tenacious ability to go to sleep very quickly. -_-

Huge fan of the past greats like Lous, Marciano, Ali, Robinson, Hagler, Foerman & Sugar Ray Leonard. They seem far & few between now days. I think that void has allowed & strengthed the MMA's popularity.

I boxed in the early 80's for a couple months, i didnt do too bad but my parents got tired of the way my nose was looking! It is still crooked to this day, I haven't bothered to get it fixed! :wacko:

haha

mine is def. tweeked, lol

I took some boxing training and conditioning on and off last year, after applying a few of those skills Im starting to do MMA... not regulated comps right now, but I do occasionally go to the training, then fight with friends and stuff. You would think since were all buddies we'd be kinda nice to eachother, but we've replaced the wall in my buddies house like 5 times from putting people through it and we go all out until one person quits. Other than that just a few occasional street fights

Pretty cool youre a boxer. I never did anything like that. But a buddy of mine did pro wrestling for a while. saw a couple of his matches, he got beat up. LOL

had a friend who wrestled and damn he was crazy. its a real art the stuff they do. honestly he would kill me every time we messde around but punch for punch i woiuld smoke him