any fellow boxers on this site?

peterlocal22

I took some boxing training and conditioning on and off last year, after applying a few of those skills Im starting to do MMA... not regulated comps right now, but I do occasionally go to the training, then fight with friends and stuff. You would think since were all buddies we'd be kinda nice to eachother, but we've replaced the wall in my buddies house like 5 times from putting people through it and we go all out until one person quits. Other than that just a few occasional street fights

its funny i fight w some friends as well and it def. gets out of controll at times so i know what your talking about

I am a coach for USA boxing.

I have a guy with his first fight this Thursday at the Chicago Golden Gloves.

Should be fun.

thats great hope he wins. the golden gloves for us is held in lowell every yr starting in january.

how long has the guy been boxing for that fighting tonight? how old is he?

Sorry for the late response.

We only had 2 guys in the gloves this year. (normally have about 6 or 7)

Both were novice. first guy was about 22 or so. He lost a decision. it was his first fight and he thought his legs were dead. (They weren't, it was mental) He didn't do badly, just didn't do enough.

The second is 17. His third fight. Lost a close decision. Had the crowd on their feet. He would have won if he could have kept his opponent spinning. The guy he was fighting kept grabbing him and he could not break free well enough. I am proud of him anyway. We have to get him listening and following instructions better. I just feel bad, because he smacked the shit out of his last opponent at a show last month, but lost the decision to a local Irish boy.

Not a good year, but often we send open fighters to nationals, so, You win some and loose some.

Back in the 60's my dad was a well known fighter in the Dallas local scene. Him and his friends would go from town to town booking Friday night fights. If they could not find other fighters, they would just fight each other. Take the door charge and split it with the venue.

My girl is a wrestler.....lol....no joke

Sorry for the late response.

We only had 2 guys in the gloves this year. (normally have about 6 or 7)

Both were novice. first guy was about 22 or so. He lost a decision. it was his first fight and he thought his legs were dead. (They weren't, it was mental) He didn't do badly, just didn't do enough.

The second is 17. His third fight. Lost a close decision. Had the crowd on their feet. He would have won if he could have kept his opponent spinning. The guy he was fighting kept grabbing him and he could not break free well enough. I am proud of him anyway. We have to get him listening and following instructions better. I just feel bad, because he smacked the shit out of his last opponent at a show last month, but lost the decision to a local Irish boy.

Not a good year, but often we send open fighters to nationals, so, You win some and loose some.

like you said, ya win some and loose some.

Back in the 60's my dad was a well known fighter in the Dallas local scene. Him and his friends would go from town to town booking Friday night fights. If they could not find other fighters, they would just fight each other. Take the door charge and split it with the venue.

My girl is a wrestler.....lol....no joke

sweet, better be careful about picking your fights w her, lol