Vision X Solstice Led Lights ( DC Conversion )

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i just use a pic to chip most of it off and then pried it up. i have heard of some people heating it up to help it come loose

I used a dremel to cut it out, then recovered it with 2 part epoxy. It wasn't very fun though.

Well I got some pics. This was on a mostly dark road with a hillside and a house about 150 yards away. No flash. I didn't even adjust the lights, and they did a damn good job.

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

This one was out of the garage in the driveway pointed at the neighbors house.

DSC01557.jpg

Yes, it draws slightly less than 30 watts for all 3. I do run a stock stator with my 10 amp hour battery. You could easily run 7 of these off a stock stator and still charge the battery. 7 of them would only draw about 68 watts.

You can also link these lights together with the link that has the red circle around it. So you can mount 2 lights in the stock location, off of one center mount, on one of the lights. When I put them in the stock location, I dont us the steel "U" shaped bracket, just the black center bracket and some nylon spacers I machine down to make the light fit tight in the mount.

solstice2.png

solstice.png

• 3 weeks later...

Damn those are bright. I'm thinkin about doing this this summer. I cut off the stock mounting locations though so I thought about mounting them to either the very front plastic mounts or the front side mounts, possibly the handlebar. I'll also have to re-cut a wiring harness and get a new regulator (sounds like I need one different than the banshee one anyways). Probably be sendin ya some PM's about the setup.

Damn those are bright. I'm thinkin about doing this this summer. I cut off the stock mounting locations though so I thought about mounting them to either the very front plastic mounts or the front side mounts, possibly the handlebar. I'll also have to re-cut a wiring harness and get a new regulator (sounds like I need one different than the banshee one anyways). Probably be sendin ya some PM's about the setup.

You can maybe use the "U" bracket that comes with the lights in the stock location even though the mounts are gone.