Vision X Solstice Led Lights ( DC Conversion )

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are multi volt 9-50v. He sells these things to Nasa, and truck drivers as well. They have tons of uses, they weren't just made for quads.

OH, ie, input is 9-50V? GD, now if they just had internal rectifiers. Not too many uses for that though. NASA don't know what AC is....

Brandon

OH, ie, input is 9-50V? GD, now if they just had internal rectifiers. Not too many uses for that though. NASA don't know what AC is....

Brandon

A lot of industry uses 24v dc and 48v dc systems. These kind of meet the parameters for everything. Even most of the new quads being made are all dc with batteries as well. So this setup fits the bill for quite a few applications.

A lot of industry uses 24v dc and 48v dc systems. These kind of meet the parameters for everything. Even most of the new quads being made are all dc with batteries as well. So this setup fits the bill for quite a few applications.

K, Snop, where did you get the PWM info for the lights? I am still trying to find a good reason why someone would put a micro controller in a headlight unless the intensity is to be adjustable. Just seems a more complicated way to go. There are much easier solutions for allowing for a 9-50V variable input.

B

Okay question from an electrical infant, I think it was mentioned that you can do the DC conversion without the battery, but you will not be able to run the lights while the bike is not running? As odd as it may sound, I'm not real concerned with running the lights while the bike is off. I ride with enough 4-stroke guys that they can run their lights if we stop at night. Thanks! Snop, PM'ing you...

K, Snop, where did you get the PWM info for the lights? I am still trying to find a good reason why someone would put a micro controller in a headlight unless the intensity is to be adjustable. Just seems a more complicated way to go. There are much easier solutions for allowing for a 9-50V variable input.

B

A good friend of mine owns the company (vision x), and it came out of his mouth. Their main warehouse and office is about 10 miles from my house. Why are you trying to find something wrong with what I am telling you?

Okay question from an electrical infant, I think it was mentioned that you can do the DC conversion without the battery, but you will not be able to run the lights while the bike is not running? As odd as it may sound, I'm not real concerned with running the lights while the bike is off. I ride with enough 4-stroke guys that they can run their lights if we stop at night. Thanks! Snop, PM'ing you...

Thats true.

A good friend of mine owns the company (vision x), and it came out of his mouth. Their main warehouse and office is about 10 miles from my house. Why are you trying to find something wrong with what I am telling you?

Not at all. I just cannot figure it out. Since we do a bunch of work with LEDs, we have only had one reason to use PWM for LED lighting. I was wondering if this is giving the light a variable intensity for high and low performance.

No, I am not totally sold on LED lighting yet as I do not think they quite meet the candle power of HID but to be honest, I have every confidence LED will take over at some point. Probably more so when LED becomes cheaper than HID lighting and advantageous for OEMs. Some people are probably closer to the technology bubble than we are though. I like the simplicity of LED and shock performance is good making them a certain candidate for off road use.

By the way, I really like the modular configuration of those lights. I can see where certain industries could really like that idea.

B

Edited by blowit

Not at all. I just cannot figure it out. Since we do a bunch of work with LEDs, we have only had one reason to use PWM for LED lighting. I was wondering if this is giving the light a variable intensity for high and low performance.

No, I am not totally sold on LED lighting yet as I do not think they quite meet the candle power of HID but to be honest, I have every confidence LED will take over at some point. Probably more so when LED becomes cheaper than HID lighting and advantageous for OEMs. Some people are probably closer to the technology bubble than we are though. I like the simplicity of LED and shock performance is good making them a certain candidate for off road use.

By the way, I really like the modular configuration of those lights. I can see where certain industries could really like that idea.

B

They are always the same intensity no matter the voltage.