banshee wont fire

it only gets spark when i give it gas

That is crazy. The ignition is an electrical circuit. The throttle is a mechanical assembly. One cannot effect the other unless the physical movement of the throttle cable is causing a short to ground with your ignition, but I would venture to say that is highly unlikely.

SP

Edited by spurdy

I would suggest you test the spark by putting a clean plug in the plug wire and lay it on the kicker side of the head and kick it a few times and see what happens........Or you could simply hold onto it while kicking it. :biggrin: As spurdy said that is a pretty far fetched scenario. Check to see if there is green apple bubble gum holding a wire on the coil (Sadly I am not mocking you)

Edit: Actually I am not that learned in the T.O.R.S. system so maybe thats your problem, I am sure someone will chime in if I am mistaken.

Edited by lokisbuddy

I would suggest you test the spark by putting a clean plug in the plug wire and lay it on the kicker side of the head and kick it a few times and see what happens........Or you could simply hold onto it while kicking it. :biggrin: As spurdy said that is a pretty far fetched scenario. Check to see if there is green apple bubble gum holding a wire on the coil (Sadly I am not mocking you)

Edit: Actually I am not that learned in the T.O.R.S. system so maybe thats your problem, I am sure someone will chime in if I am mistaken.

no . its got new plugs in it ,but if i dont give it gas it wont spark and even when i hold the gas i still cant get it to fire i have no idea what else could it be???

what is t.o.r.q system

TORS Throttle Over Ride System. I just assumed that you didn't have this on you bike. My bad. Most people remove them first thing. It is a Yamaha safety system that drops out the ignition if the throttle isn't slightly pressed. I don't know much about them cause all of the bikes I have ever owned had it removed before I got them.

If you have this system someone else will have to help you out. I would recommend if you have it to just wire around it. I think you can do this by just disconnecting everything. The carb caps can then be replaced with new ones without the the system on top. You'll also need to drill and tap into your stock carbs for an idle screw or upgrade to new (bigger) carbs.

SP

Actually all you really have to do is disconnect the wires to tors unit and the carb switches. You can keep your caps (but I would remove them). Try that. The tors box should be below your radiator under the frame by your steering stem. And the carb switches are yellow and black with harnesses.

Actually all you really have to do is disconnect the wires to tors unit and the carb switches. You can keep your caps (but I would remove them). Try that. The tors box should be below your radiator under the frame by your steering stem. And the carb switches are yellow and black with harnesses.

yeah, just quickly disconnect the TORS wires. they are connected with a plastic push and pull assembly. look at your carbs, then look at the triangle shaped boxes on top of them, at the back you will see a black somewhat thick wire connected to it, follow it, then it will become a black and a yellow wire, that then leads to a plastic assembly, push the buttom and pull them apart, do the same for the other carb. once you did those 2, there will be a third one, it is on the gear shifter side (left side), this one is between fuel tank and the cylinders somewhere, its also a black and yellow wire combo, discconect that one too.

so total 3 things to disconnect. then try it and it should give spark at all times

yeah, just quickly disconnect the TORS wires. they are connected with a plastic push and pull assembly. look at your carbs, then look at the triangle shaped boxes on top of them, at the back you will see a black somewhat thick wire connected to it, follow it, then it will become a black and a yellow wire, that then leads to a plastic assembly, push the buttom and pull them apart, do the same for the other carb. once you did those 2, there will be a third one, it is on the gear shifter side (left side), this one is between fuel tank and the cylinders somewhere, its also a black and yellow wire combo, discconect that one too.

so total 3 things to disconnect. then try it and it should give spark at all times

ill try that . but the third one was all disconnected when i got it