Comparison Pics-----Stock Shee vs. YFZ Conversion

Beachcruiser

I finally decided to get rid of the high-spung stock banshee suspesion for some 07 YFZ A-arms, Shocks and tie rods. I didn't realized that the conversion would drop the front a substantial amount. Saturday I spend about 8 hours installing everything and sunday I was able to take it for a quick spin. The ride was alot different, although I still need to set-up the shocks for the terrain i'll be riding in. Here are a few pics to compare my banshee when it was stock vs. YFZ conversion.

Before:

100_1750.jpg

100_1518.jpg

After:

100_1759.jpg

Before:

100_1744.jpg

100_1528.jpg

100_1517.jpg

After:

100_1764.jpg

100_1761.jpg

100_1766.jpg

i was thinking of doing the yfz arms. do you like the way it rides now?

To tell you the truth, i've only ridden for about 45 mins with the YFZ stuff. Plus it was mainly out in an open field with a few bumps. Although I can tell you that it does seem like it wants to turn quicker, it also seems to handle the bumps better. Most likely i'll go out and ride this weekend, I'll try to remember and post an update on how it rides

I find my yfz450 set up rides VERY rough. Everyone who road my bike said the same thing.

I will be going with some wicked a-arms and some shocks made for it in the future. I did however like how well i could turn with the 450 set up.

i know when i had my yfz 450 front end i used some onger shocks, i think they where around 16 inchs long and they gave me alot more ride height.

to help w the rough ride i added yfz spindles which helped out a lot

How does it handle with those shocks?

So far i've only riden it in the backyard and on pavement, so i can't really say how she'll handle on whoops and jumps. The front end tho feels much more stable and smoother then stock and it seems more responsive to my inputs.

Edited by someone82

How did you mount the lowers? Did you cut the mounts on the arms, or relocate the rear mounts on the frame?

I just trimmed the arms. Once I got all my measurements down, it only took about 5 mins a arm. I was originally going to cut the arms and run heims, but after i priced everything out it was getting out of control so i just trimmed them down and it works great. I left the bolt sleeves uncut and just made up some spacers out of some deleron (sp?) stock i had laying around.

The whole project only took a matter of a couple of hours.

I didn't want to relocate the arm mounts just in case I didn't like the setup.

• 3 weeks later...

I totally forgot all about this thread, sorry guys. I've been able to ride the shee quite afew time with the YFZ stuff. It defenitly is a rougher ride but it might be because my pre-load is cranked. The stability is 100% better than stock, I could turn quicker and sharper. The one major fall back about this conversion is that it does bottom out on big jumps. This past weekend I was running a MX track and every once in a while the A-arms would contact the ground as I was landing. Honestly it scared the shit outta me the first time but I've improved on my landings and am using my rear shock more than my front. I think if I was to put longer shocks on it, this setup would be great. Still not too bad for $300.

I totally forgot all about this thread, sorry guys. I've been able to ride the shee quite afew time with the YFZ stuff. It defenitly is a rougher ride but it might be because my pre-load is cranked. The stability is 100% better than stock, I could turn quicker and sharper. The one major fall back about this conversion is that it does bottom out on big jumps. This past weekend I was running a MX track and every once in a while the A-arms would contact the ground as I was landing. Honestly it scared the shit outta me the first time but I've improved on my landings and am using my rear shock more than my front. I think if I was to put longer shocks on it, this setup would be great. Still not too bad for $300.

I have 18.5 in shocks on mine and it handles great ! 380.jpg by the way , the entire yfz ft end + shocks are for sale in the classified section !

Edited by bellracing2