should i get a coolhead?

blaster2006

well, i would like a little bit of more bottom end pull etc, so i was thinking with going with the coolhead, atm i tested my compression to be 120psi (with a short head compression tester, it was not as long as the spark plugs on it). although i am at sea level.

i ride my quad about 6 times a week, for about 30-40 minutes each day average. so about 3-4 hours a week of riding.

im thinking to go with 23 or 22cc domes, as i dont want to wear out my pistons, is the only reason which is stopping me from getting the kit. i rather not go through a rebuild, and im planning to sell the quad in about abit more than 1 year, (when i go to university).

so thats my situation, if i can get any ideas.

well, i would like a little bit of more bottom end pull etc, so i was thinking with going with the coolhead, atm i tested my compression to be 120psi (with a short head compression tester, it was not as long as the spark plugs on it). although i am at sea level.

i ride my quad about 6 times a week, for about 30-40 minutes each day average. so about 3-4 hours a week of riding.

im thinking to go with 23 or 22cc domes, as i dont want to wear out my pistons, is the only reason which is stopping me from getting the kit. i rather not go through a rebuild, and im planning to sell the quad in about abit more than 1 year, (when i go to university).

If your worried about spending the money you could always just pop the factory head off and have it milled .20. I ran this combo for a while and it provided a nice little bottom end boost. Just make sure you check for proper squish (.45) after you have it milled because factory heads varied in their castings.

At the same time you can find a used cool head on ebay for about the same amount that you'll spend on milling the head and the gasket kit.

Edited by someone82

Get the NOSS cool head it is a work of art, I've had it sitting on the dinning room table since I received it Friday ;)

~DaVe

Totally off subject, but i know the feeling when i got my cool head it sat on my desk at work for a few days and just about every other part I've bought. :biggrin:

Save your money and mill your head for like $25.