Moto-GP

BSHEE400

just want to hear your opinions and views.

i myself absolutely love it, i've been to two grand prix in th lest two years. ( brno and misano )

however i do really regret not having seen the 990cc or 500cc 2-strokes racing in person.

it will be interesting to see what hayden can achieve on the ducati this year considering the mixed fortunes the ducati riders have had since the introduction of the 800's, with stoner being the only one able to ride it to it's potential.

jamie

A few years ago when I was offered the TD position at MotoCzysz, I started a thread about Moto GP and/or U.S. Superbike. I didn't get much a of a response as there do not seem to be too many people who follow those two series on here.

On the other hand, the U.S. don't seem to be big fans of F1 racing or soccer either...........

Guess I was happier in the 2-stroke days. I went to a couple of GP's at Laguna Seca (I was there when Doohan broke his leg at the corkscrew right in front of me...) in '89 and '91.

I've got friends that ride up there every year from here in San Diego but I'll be honest with you...

Since they allow traction control, I've lost my interest. Watching the telemetry and seeing Hayden wack the throttle to 100% while at full lean in the corkscrew offends my rider's sensibility. I ride an '05 ZX10r with over 165HP at the rear wheels. I'd die if I tried that crap. Fukn Bullshit.

You couldn't even do that on a 600!!

I just don't think the race winner should be determined by who has the better software download.... :down:

The 500's were the bikes that were about rider skill, built out of unobtanium..... :cool:

yeah i agree about the traction control, hopefully they will get rid of it soon.

at least they are taking a step in the right direction banning launch control and electronically controlled suspension for 09.

if any of you haven't seen it i would highly recommend downloading it - "FASTER" the motogp movie

the less electronic aids the better, imo

Proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4ejTjEXYM

Watch it all the time, can't wait for the 09 season to start. Pity about the 500's.

I like to compare the fastest laps for the 125's, 250's & GP class with each other, sometimes not much of a difference

BTW, I support #46

rossi is the man, he has unbelievable talent and a great personality.

a memory i will carry with me forever was when he was on the podium having won misano last year, we were standing almost directly beneath him in pit lane with his italian fans who were going absolutely nuts

• 2 months later...

i try to follow it as much as i can but never really get to watch it on tv, usually get the results online.

im a rossi fan, more so now hes with yamaha.

japan GP today (250`s are on track right now). hopefully ill catch some of the race as im at home.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't knw when the moto GP races are aired...I do watch the world superbike races though.. As far as I knew Ducati was the only one out there with the traction control...I know there are mixed feelings on it and I could see both sides...Frankly I think the racers are good enough that they don't need it....That may be why haga is having issues in teh WSB races against Spies....Haga and Spies duke it out every race....but it also takes a hell of a rider to do what they do,...