coincidence or not

they arnt fuel injected get real

i meant i raced both meaning rode a 660 while riding with a 700 or viceversa, i think they both run great with just pipes on them, 700 feels like it has more top end than the 660, but than again that could have been gearing, pipes , tuning, tire size, or anything else i guess, but i think they are dam close with just poiipes

ha ha are you sure about that seven hundred not being fuel injected

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products...39/0/specs.aspx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your banshee isn't ported but you've raced two that are and you've beat them over and over (10 times).

A. The porting isn't for shit.

B. They can't ride for shit.

C. They weight 300 lbs, you weigh 150.

D. They have bald tires, you don't.

Anyone that went from a stock port shee to a decent ported shee will tell you it's 100% night and day difference...not even close. So for you to beat so called ported banshees over and over again....there's something else wrong.

660 Raptors are a joke...the 700s are damn near neck and neck with the 450s. Are you beating all the 450s with your piped stock port banshee?

Guys...I realize this is a banshee site, and I'm just as gungho about them as anyone if not moreso.

I guess you guys just have slower Raptor 700s over there, or we have slower banshees over here....

Ohh i can agree somewhat, Im 190lbs, one is 201lbs and the other guy is freakin tiny...maybe 150 at best.... the Shee with the T5's and V3's feels waaaaaaaay faster than mine especially up top. If i get the holeshot I win..... simple, theres not enough room for him to walk me down in 330ft...

We were racing on a dirt drag track and honestly the Kenda Klaws were hooking thier ass off and maybe they ( the other 2 shees) were spinning too much. I just know i had a good day...lol and no i havent had ne problems with 450's though ive only raced a few, im NOT saying thier Turds im just saying i havent been beat by any. Im not saying they cant be fast or arent, im saying i havent been beat by one around here. Further more the 660's can be made fast, i had one for a SHORT time.... like maybe a week and got rid of it. It had the big bore kit and was piped... TURD. Thats all i can say. I was gonna get it built and local builder said rod angle was way wrong and if you put the money into it to make it fast, big stroker etc... it will not last. So i went and got me another shee.... as for the 700's dunno much about them, raced a couple and though it wasnt a disaster or nothing i did not loose....I mean were not hillshooting and if you make a mistake in 330ft its pretty much a wrap. Ohh well, its all good! hahahha

Most times when you get the holeshot that's everything.

But a banshee that is ported and tuned right should be able to run down a banshee that is not in 330 feet...unless you half track him for sleeping out of the hole.

Like most 4 pokes...they can be made fast, but it costs more money vs. similar mods for a banshee. There is no doubt there.

Like most 4 pokes...they can be made fast, but it costs more money vs. similar mods for a banshee. There is no doubt there.

i dunno, a couple thousand for a nice DM cylinder, billet cases and such

verses a couple thousand for a big bore, stroker, turbo, nitrous injected such and such.

its all friggin expensive.

i once had a 700r w/ pc3 and duals. it was faster than my banshee.

i traded it in on my new 800 can am outlander and it's even faster than my 700r.

Ohh i can agree somewhat, Im 190lbs, one is 201lbs and the other guy is freakin tiny...maybe 150 at best.... the Shee with the T5's and V3's feels waaaaaaaay faster than mine especially up top. If i get the holeshot I win..... simple, theres not enough room for him to walk me down in 330ft...

We were racing on a dirt drag track and honestly the Kenda Klaws were hooking thier ass off and maybe they ( the other 2 shees) were spinning too much. I just know i had a good day...lol and no i havent had ne problems with 450's though ive only raced a few, im NOT saying thier Turds im just saying i havent been beat by any. Im not saying they cant be fast or arent, im saying i havent been beat by one around here. Further more the 660's can be made fast, i had one for a SHORT time.... like maybe a week and got rid of it. It had the big bore kit and was piped... TURD. Thats all i can say. I was gonna get it built and local builder said rod angle was way wrong and if you put the money into it to make it fast, big stroker etc... it will not last. So i went and got me another shee.... as for the 700's dunno much about them, raced a couple and though it wasnt a disaster or nothing i did not loose....I mean were not hillshooting and if you make a mistake in 330ft its pretty much a wrap. Ohh well, its all good! hahahha

Or maybe you're just the best rider in the world and have the fastest stock bashee ever!

uwenr - maybe u can blow my balls...... hows that sound? lmao u clearly are taking my post the wrong way. never said i was the best rider or have the fastest shee... its stock motor.

bhatch21 - yea actually i just purchased a house on 59 West about 10 mins up the road from sugar creek....kept riding my zx14 past there and couldnt take it no more, the dirt was calling me so i scooped up a shee for cheap and fixed it up a little just to ride. U come there often? have u rode there? maybe we can get together n ride...i got a few guys with shees i ride with.

Most times when you get the holeshot that's everything.

But a banshee that is ported and tuned right should be able to run down a banshee that is not in 330 feet...unless you half track him for sleeping out of the hole.

A stroker crank for either is nearly the same, 2 less expensive pistons = 1 expensive piston.

I've got both a stroked 660 and a not stock banshee. The costs are the same to get them to push out the same power.

A good pipe for my 660 is $300, the header not needing changed even for my stroker setup... T-5's are over $500...

Good carb and intake setup on a banshee is $800 to keep up with the mods. My stock carbs worked good on my 720, the 39's are about $1000. Porting = same....

Where are you saving so much money building your 2 stroke.. Does dragonfly sell a stroker kit now??

There is nothing that can beat a banshee once you lay out your credit card... Those cub cylinders just don't run right without the right pieps, and intake.

These arguments are funny for a short time....... deadhorsebeat_4.gif

Edited by diggerzmound

A stroker crank for either is nearly the same, 2 less expensive pistons = 1 expensive piston.

I've got both a stroked 660 and a not stock banshee. The costs are the same to get them to push out the same power.

A good pipe for my 660 is $300, the header not needing changed even for my stroker setup... T-5's are over $500...

Good carb and intake setup on a banshee is $800 to keep up with the mods. My stock carbs worked good on my 720, the 39's are about $1000. Porting = same....

Where are you saving so much money building your 2 stroke.. Does dragonfly sell a stroker kit now??

There is nothing that can beat a banshee once you lay out your credit card... Those cub cylinders just don't run right without the right pieps, and intake.

These arguments are funny for a short time....... deadhorsebeat_4.gif

Not sure where you're getting your pricing...

Good carbs and intakes setup on banshees are half the price you listed.

39 carbs for a banshee are about 350. Your FCR carbs might be 1000, our PWK series aren't.

You can more than double the power of a stock set of cylinders on a banshee with porting, I'm 100% certain the same can't be said for either 660 or 700.

Sure...in order to take advantage of mods you need carbs, pipes, etc. And tranny mods, clutch mods, etc. But that same rule applies for both banshee and Raptor alike....

When I say it's cheaper to get a banshee faster.... A banshee to run 3.9s costs a few Gs. A Raptor is one helluva lot more than that...:)

went to the local spot for the first time with the shee, actuallyu the first ride since i bought her they have mx track, 330 ft dirt drags and miles and miles of trails, hillclimbs etc....

well after riding some trails we headed straight for the drags, this is however where i felt at home because ive dragged streetbikes for some time....i outran everyone at the spot probally 20 different guys all on 4 bangers everyone swearing up and down i had motor work, how much money ive spent etc etc....I went with a good friend with a 03 shee.... T5's, v3s, ported and shaved head, 36mm Keihns stock gearing and wasnt impressed at all.....i beat him everytime, even let him leave first and still pulled him..... granted he did have some slick ass tires but still.... his is got to be tuned wrong or something he should kill me with the mods he has....

my mods are fmf fattys, uni filter, lid still on airbox, +4 timing, cool head 21cc domes.... -1 front sprocket.....260 mains at sea level.....

either these guys cant ride or im just that fast or just that damn good lol....... neways just wanted to share my experience! some asshole was on a 700 raptor piped getting his ass toasted in the drags then had the nerve to tell me after i won straight line dont mean shit.... i laughed and said yea it does, it means im faster! banshee ftw!

This is your original quote. Sounds like you are the best rider ".....i beat him everytime, " and you have the fastest bike "i outran everyone at the spot probally 20 different guys". Maybe you should race at the Planet Sand drags in April.

Not sure where you're getting your pricing...

Good carbs and intakes setup on banshees are half the price you listed.

39 carbs for a banshee are about 350. Your FCR carbs might be 1000, our PWK series aren't.

You can more than double the power of a stock set of cylinders on a banshee with porting, I'm 100% certain the same can't be said for either 660 or 700.

Sure...in order to take advantage of mods you need carbs, pipes, etc. And tranny mods, clutch mods, etc. But that same rule applies for both banshee and Raptor alike....

When I say it's cheaper to get a banshee faster.... A banshee to run 3.9s costs a few Gs. A Raptor is one helluva lot more than that...:)

How much did your intake and reed setup cost you??? You run 39's on stock reeds and intakes?

I can tell I'll never make way in this conversation.. :sad:

Intakes cost me 90, reeds cost me 200, carbs were free....:)

But realistically...

Intakes, 90 to 120.

Reed Cages from 80 to 240 (just replacment reeds vs. VF3 cages)

Gas cabs new are 320 to 350 a pair

Alky conversion is about 100 a pair (if you choose to go to alky, of course)

That's still a far cry from a pair of FCRs...let alone intakes, etc.

And I'd liken reed cage replacement to a cam replaced on the 4 stroke, only because neither has a direct counterpart (no reeds on pokes, no valves/cams on smokers..) I don't know how much a cam(s) cost.

We're just talkin, we're not arguing...:)

I'm interested what you have to say...as long as it doesn't turn into a long, drawn out name calling, personal insult flame war.

I promise I'm not a 4 stroke hater by any means. I've had some in the past, and I plan on getting one in the future.

Don't know if it's gonna be a 450 based bike or a big ol 4X4 with racks, etc. but It'll be 4 poke!

I have more 2 strokes than 4 strokes, my most interesting rides are two strokes. I think there is a point where it ends up less expensive to keep up with the 'racer' crowd building a banshee.

I've seen some cool stuff come out of the experimental garage, low budget hot running stuff. A stock bore raptor, stock piston, mystery cam ground specifically for this motor. Stock carbs, no main jets, running methanol and warrior shocks, killing OOF 8" swinger banshees. It was fun to see them ride by and stare at it. Didn't look good, but the right guy on it and it ran pretty good.

Edited by diggerzmound