Painting the swing arm

Corndiddly5885

why not have it powdercoated??? that spray paint is gonna chip and scratch very soon. leaving the swingarm looking like shit.. and will probably rust when the paint is gone... pm me if you need it powdercoated.. i can powdercoat just about anything you need, if not keep your eyes open and ask around.. there are more guys on here doing powdercoat besides me... later,gary

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my swing arm sand blasted and i was wondering the best way to paint it? wat would be some cool colors to paint it to? I have blue plastics and a darker red frame. i just painted my chain and brake protector white and i think it looks ok.

Duplicolor makes a self etching primer for metal that will let u use tons of colors and just remember to put on several coats of clear to hold the color !!!!!!!! ill try to get some picks on.. ps they also make a satin plastic paint that makes your covers look like new and is also self etching....... :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

If its already blasted - Your local Powdercoater should be able to do it for less than $25 bucks.......

If your looking for protection on your metal - Use a single stage paint from you local autobody supplier (Costs more than Powdercoating)

Or you can pick up a quart of Oil Based Rustoleum by the pint/quart & have it tinted to match whatever you want