Spark plugs.

mclark408

I have Br9es plugs in my banshee. I run 93 octane gas. The guy at the autoparts said thats what hisbook called for.I seen another post on here where it said these plugs were for alcohol. The banshee is banging and backfiring now when I punch the throttle. It didnt do it the first couple minutes when i first put the plugs in but it is now. May be running a little lean also but it has been running alright. Plugs dont look bad. I put a throttle cable on and changed plugs at same time. Running 280 main jets at 550ft elevation. Have fmfpipes, unifilter, and a milled head to 21cc. Also what crank case oil do yall run?

I have Br9es plugs in my banshee. I run 93 octane gas. The guy at the autoparts said thats what hisbook called for.I seen another post on here where it said these plugs were for alcohol. The banshee is banging and backfiring now when I punch the throttle. It didnt do it the first couple minutes when i first put the plugs in but it is now. May be running a little lean also but it has been running alright. Plugs dont look bad. I put a throttle cable on and changed plugs at same time. Running 280 main jets at 550ft elevation. Have fmfpipes, unifilter, and a milled head to 21cc. Also what crank case oil do yall run?

BR8ES is the correct plug for your bike, I would switch them out. Any decent oil suitable for wet clutch application will do, you'll get more anwsers than you need for the oil. lol

Here are some spark plug numbers provided by NAPA Auto Parts

NGK 5044

NGK 5422

- Both gapped at .028

BSH 7533

- Gapped at .032

ASP 4063

- Gapped at .028

ASP XS4063DP

- Gapped at .028

CHA 89042

- Gapped at .032

ASP WC4063DP2

ASP MP4063DP2

- Both gapped at .028

CHA 818

- Gapped at .032

Personally just stick with NGK... These numbers are to help you if you are ever in a jamb and have a Napa near you. I have a whole box of B8ES plugs waitin when needed and they seem to do just fine. BR8ES is a resistor plug and works fine also.

Edited by 2 Stroke Fury

i agree, br8's or b8's should be the plug your running.

as for the case oil, there are a hundred different opinions on this. i run redline shockproof but have ran bel ray, dumonde tech, atf and even hyster hydroilic fluid with no problems.

it realy doesnt matter what oil you choose to run because there will always be someone on here to tell you why you shouldnt be running it and you should be running "brand x" oil because its so much better...lol