did i do that ?

dirtydownunder

so all was well, we went to the dunes and had a good ride tho it was time to leave so everyone put the bikes on there pickups (we call them ute's (short for utility) but for some reason myne wouldnt ride up the ramps well and it usualy does so i took a little run up.

As i went up the ramp i touched the brake to slow but it slowed to much so i poped the clutch just to nudge me a bit further, when then the nudge turned into a push and BANG! i went through the fucking window FUCK! i yelled at the banshee haha cuase its the banshees fault of course.

but what is weird is that my wheels hit the tray before my bumper can hit the window so im stumped on how it broke but it fucking did and now need a new window haha what a cunt.

It's that flat plate glass isn't it? The impact carried through the metal, and the force was exerted on that shitty rear window. It's easy to break those things.

That's why I don't drive up the ramps, lol... a nice swift push will do. Besides my 2x8s aren't made for quad loading, just regular boards. They are dangerous.

thats what a mate said, the wheels hitting the bar sent vibrations through and broke the glass but the tray is bolted to the chassis not the cab and its about 1 1/2" away from the cab and the bumber is about 4" away from the glass.

i wish i could pik it up but its just way to high, i could maybe do the front but not the rear and i dont wanna be that guy that needs help every time i load the ute up, haha if i break the next window then ill have to do something about it ill just call this time unlucky :).

haha drag banshee, but i thought shee loved it :)

Edited by dirtydownunder

Finding somewhere you can back your truck up to that is near level is worth it.

Since we are so low in elevation, most of the main roads are built up, especially in most riding areas because they tend to be praries/swamps/low elevation shit like that. Any populated places are already built up.

So it's easy to find a berm to load off and on from.

so all was well, we went to the dunes and had a good ride tho it was time to leave so everyone put the bikes on there pickups (we call them ute's (short for utility) but for some reason myne wouldnt ride up the ramps well and it usualy does so i took a little run up.

As i went up the ramp i touched the brake to slow but it slowed to much so i poped the clutch just to nudge me a bit further, when then the nudge turned into a push and BANG! i went through the fucking window FUCK! i yelled at the banshee haha cuase its the banshees fault of course.

but what is weird is that my wheels hit the tray before my bumper can hit the window so im stumped on how it broke but it fucking did and now need a new window haha what a cunt.

Don't call yourself a cunt. That is a useful thing. :biggrin: