+6 Swingarm

mun2frio

I bought a +6 swingarm for my bike and now I have some doubts cause I ride alot of trails. I just want to know if is a bad idea or if there's anybody that runs this setup please let me know if you can still run trails or if I should go smaller.

depends what kinda trails you ride... are they tight wooded trails??? i would say no

Some of them are pretty tight and that's how I get around the trees and turns by slidin the back I guess I have to start lookin for a smaller one.

I ride pretty much nothing but trails, with my +6 swingarm. But, they are wide open trails. Beleive it or not, it's real easy to swing my ass end around. In the dirt, that longer arm makes it break traction real easy. Different story if you were on the asphalt, or had paddle tires.

The other reason I wanted a longer swingarm it's because the racetrack is like 20 minutes from my house and frdays they let ATV's run the 1/4 mile. Can you post pictures ofyour shee?

if you decide to keep that +6 i would consider having some gussets put on the bottom of it. ive bent two +6 chromoly swingarms before. then i decided to build my own and add gussets..

n108001394_30345783_6625.jpg

That swingarm looks good man did you doit yourself? That's a good idea.

That swingarm looks good man did you doit yourself? That's a good idea.

yea, after i bent those 2 i started building my own. i built a jig and build one every now and then. im currently out of parts for them..

but i would def recommend some type of gusseting. it doesnt take much to bend them.

yea, after i bent those 2 i started building my own. i built a jig and build one every now and then. im currently out of parts for them..

but i would def recommend some type of gusseting. it doesnt take much to bend them.

Good job bro it lookks better than mine, I think I'm going to take your advice and doit to mine. Thanks