override

fastrthnu

alot of times I ride for fun, but I also race when my bike doesnt have sand in its vagina. now anyone who has raced an mx track knows what it does to your forearms and being a 2 stroke usually requireds more frequent shifting. Ok after 4 minutes my fucking hands dont really feel like holding on anymore let alone pulling that lever every 5 gd seconds. would it be worth buying an override to eliminate that problem. does anyone use one? I dont know very much about these things. What type should I look for. Ect..

A N down 1-5 duneable override works like a champ in the dunes. WCR cuts a variety of configurations. The website is w-c-r.com if you want to check them out. I don't have a clue what would work for you, but the N1-5 works great in the dunes hillshooting and general riding. Not sure if the neutral down is the best for an MX track. :confused:

You definitely do not want a standard override, but you would have figured that out quickly anyway. :thumbsup:

Let me know if you need an override....

You will still have to pull the clutch to downshift, so I honestly don't know how much of a help it's going to be for you.

They are cut to engage with pressure on them (engine power) and upshifted.

They are not cut to shift backwards without the clutch...

I would not recommend that, even with a dunable override...

So if it's still your cup of tea, let me know.

Let me know if you need an override....

You will still have to pull the clutch to downshift, so I honestly don't know how much of a help it's going to be for you.

They are cut to engage with pressure on them (engine power) and upshifted.

They are not cut to shift backwards without the clutch...

I would not recommend that, even with a dunable override...

So if it's still your cup of tea, let me know.

nah, it doesnt even sound worth it if it doesnt shift both ways. That would have been the shit. Ill pm you if I decide I wanna get one. Thanks.

I thought I read somewhere that Loco said he upshifts and downshifts his without the clutch....

I can tell you I've NEVER downshifted mine (while running) without the clutch pulled in.

Totally your call...but I wouldn't warranty or expect one to last downshifting under full load...

I thought I read somewhere that Loco said he upshifts and downshifts his without the clutch....

I can tell you I've NEVER downshifted mine (while running) without the clutch pulled in.

Totally your call...but I wouldn't warranty or expect one to last downshifting under full load...

Wouldn't you still be backloading the transmission even if you pulled the clutch in before downshifting? Seems like it'd be alot of wear and tear.

On another note I think a few Flat track/TT guys have used duneable overrides before with success, granted they probably aren't shifting quite as much but still.

If you repeatedly let the clutch out and are NOT on the gas at higher RPMs, you will wear the shift forks out sooner, but won't bend or break anything.

As noted, TT guys have run a few seasons on the same shift forks, and they're on/off the gas plenty...at max/higher RPMs.